Diet pills such as Xenadrine Ultimate claim to be part of an evolution of products that are scientifically designed and proven to help people achieve a healthy body weight faster than ever before. These products work by stimulating the metabolism and curbing appetite and cravings.
When taken on a regular basis, it is believed that these supplements work in as little as 30 to 60 days, especially when they are paired with a proper exercise and diet regime.
In this unbiased review, we’ll go over the features and benefits of Xenadrine Ultimate, determining if this product is truly the right solution for you. Just read on!
Xenadrine Ultimate Benefits
Xenadrine Ultimate can be easily described as a fat burning formula that not only aids with weight loss, but with overall health as well.
Some of the benefits claimed by the manufacturers include:
- In addition to its fat burning ability, Xenadrine Ultimate is also said to increase the user's energy levels, alertness, and focus
- Fights off cravings
- Stimulates the production of lean muscle mass while burning unwanted, stubborn fat
- Stabilizes hormone levels inside the body
- Maintains proper blood sugar balance
- Thermogenic weight loss complex
As one can see from the list above, Xenadrine Ultimate is stated to attack the issue of weight loss from multiple angles. The body’s natural weight composition process is enhanced through the supplement’s thermogenic properties that convert fat stores into usable energy, while a sharpened mental focus can be useful during long workout periods at the gym.
Xenadrine Ultimate Ingredients
Besides Robusta Coffee and Caffeine Anhydrous, which are the only ingredients with actual dosing information, the rest of Xenadrine Ultimate is just one shady proprietary blend.
Proprietary blends are always a bad sign. Supplement companies use these blend to hide their real dosing information, lowering their production costs. Without the proper dosing information, Xenadrine Ultimate raises the risk of side effects and ineffectiveness.
Nonetheless, here is the list of ingredients included in Xenadrine Ultimate:
- Robusta Coffee Bean Extract (200 mg) – Also known as Green Coffee Bean, a natural extract that provides a wide range of benefits. Robusta Coffee boosts energy, alertness, reduces fatigue, and even aids with fat burning [Onakpoya et al, The Use of Green Coffee Extract]. However, due to its high caffeine content, this extract can induce side effects if paired with other stimulants. Possible adverse effects include restlessness, anxiety, rapid heart rate, jitters, nausea, vomiting, and stomach issues [Bicho et al, Identification of nutritional descriptors of roasting intensity].
- Caffeine Anhydrous (200 mg) – This as a highly popular ingredient that is found in most supplements, diet pills, drinks, and even foods [Trexler et al, Effects of coffee and caffeine anhydrous]. There is no doubt that Caffeine will increase energy, metabolism, and may even suppress appetite, but taking higher doses of Caffeine such as the one found in Xenadrine Ultimate, can and most likely will promote some form of negative effect [TREXLER et al, Effects of coffee and caffeine anhydrous].
- Yohimbe Bark Extract (Yohimbine) – Another potent stimulant that has been found to have great fat burning abilities [Ostojic, Yohimbine]. Research even proves that Yohimbe Bark can, in fact, impact stubborn fat areas, helping us to eradicate the unnecessary inches. However, this stimulant has also been found to induce a myriad of side effects, including high levels of anxiety, escalated heart rate, and even an increased risk of heart disease [Tam et al, Yohimbine: a clinical review].
- Garcinia Fruit Extract – A well-known fruit that is mostly recognized for its believed weight loss abilities. Garcinia Fruit gained immense popularity after it was endorsed on the popular Dr. Oz show [Semwal et al, A scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia]. The specific component of Garcinia Fruit called HCA (hydroxycitric acid) is actually found to have some impact on weight loss, however, recent studies done on this ingredient are still inconclusive [Onakpoya et al, The Use of Garcinia Extract].
- L-Theanine – Is a non-essential amino acid that is said to relieve anxiety and stress. L-Theanine is also often used to induce a sedative effect on patients that suffer from schizophrenia and depression. L-Theanine might increase GABA concretions that are known to affect our mood [Nobre et al, L-theanine]. However, more research has to be concluded [White et al, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an l-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink].
- Spearmint Leaf Extract – Represents a herb that is commonly used in cooking and in certain medical treatments. Spearmint is an antioxidant that can improve memory and resolve nausea and vomiting. There are no known side effects related to this extract [McKay et al, The health benefits of peppermint tea].
- Autumn Olive Fruit Extract – Is an amazing fruit that is filled with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can improve immunity and overall health. Autumn Olive Fruit is packed with vitamins and minerals [Wang et al, Different genotypes of autumn olive].
- Ashwagandha Root and Leaf Extract – Commonly used in the traditional Indian medicine for the treatment of numerous ailments. This natural extract is found to lower cortisol levels which means less stress, and it may also speed up the metabolic rate and weight loss in general [Morgan et al, An Alternative Treatment for Anxiety] [Sharma et al, Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract].
First of all, we highly dislike the fact that Xenadrine Ultimate contains mostly proprietary blend ingredients that don’t come with proper dosages. Secondly, this formula contains a couple of ingredients that may aid with weight loss and general health, however, the majority of them have serious flaws. For instance, Yohimbe Bark, Caffeine, and Robusta Coffee can and most likely will induce negative effects since they contain very strong stimulant properties. These side effects could be serious and might even induce long-term problems.
Xenadrine Ultimate Pricing
You can purchase Xenadrine Ultimate from various online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, etc. The price for a bottle of 120 pills ranges anywhere from $15 to $30, depending on the place you purchase this product. A 30-day money back guarantee is also offered to each customer.
Overall, there is no accurate proof whether the Xenadrine Ultimate formula works, or not. However, even if effective, this fat burner still contains several ingredients which may result in serious adverse effects.
And considering the proprietary blend, potential negative implications, and numerous unsatisfied customers, this product is not an amazing deal.
There are far better supplementation available on the market today, so you shouldn’t waste your time and money with this one.
John has been a fitness enthusiast for over 10 years, starting out while struggling with obesity as a teenager. Over the years he has advised numerous clients on how to transform their physiques and their lives. As a writer on Nutrition Inspector he aims to help others achieve real results by staying clear of the common hype and false claims in the supplement industry!