Are you constantly searching for a new weight loss product? Well, you’re definitely not alone. A survey done by “The Telegraph” found that more than 50% of participants who used weight loss supplements before, had no significant results in their body weight over a 6 month period (1).
Effective supplements are hard to find but pay attention, we might have one in this review.
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia is different from other countless diet pills. The main ingredient of this supplement is Garcinia Cambogia, which has been demonstrated time and again in various medical studies as an efficient weight loss solution. The active ingredient contained in Garcinia Cambogia, hydroxycitric acid (HCA), is proven to be an appetite suppressant that actually works with any age group or gender (2).
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia comes from a well-known supplement company Vita Web, which produces many dietary supplements.
Let’s see if we found the real weight loss miracle pill, and should you buy this supplement.
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia Review – What Ingredients Does it Have?
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia provides the body with a specific blend of ingredients which promote weight loss, improving your health at the same time.
The ingredients found in Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia:
Garcinia Cambogia Extract (1000mg)
Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit that grows in South Asia and India. The active ingredient found in the rind of Garcinia Cambogia is hydroxicitric acid (HCA), which has plenty of research behind it. Garcinia is known for its ability to increase weight loss. Some studies show that Garcinia Cambogia can in fact help with low amounts of fat loss, with the addition of more health benefits (3). Hydroxicitric acid (HCA) is responsible for appetite suppression by increasing the production of a neurotransmitter serotonin, which is known to cause happy feelings. Appetite suppression means less desire to eat, leading to easier weight loss.
Studies even show it can also help increase energy expenditure (4). The additional health benefits lower cholesterol levels and high triglycerides. They might even raise the “good” cholesterol (HDL). Stabilizing blood sugar levels is another positive effect from Garcinia. Some research concludes that Garcinia Cambogia can help control blood sugar levels by correcting how cells take up sugar to be used for energy. This way it might even affect weight loss through inhibition of pancreatic alpha enzymes, changing fatty acid synthesis. This way your body could use the carbohydrates consumed, instead of storing them as fat (5).
We need to mention that Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia contains 60% HCA in their extract, which is the optimum amount for safe and effective weight loss.
Chromium is an essential mineral, important for human health. Before we look at Chromium benefits, we need to say that only small amounts of Chromium are healthy for humans.
Chromium is a common remedy for diabetes type 1 and type 2 (6). Prediabetes can be also cured with Chromium by improving blood sugar levels. Weight loss effects of Chromium have no research backing it up. Chromium is supposed to work as an appetite suppressant, but as mentioned research doesn’t think so. In the other hand, Chromium has some possibly serious side effects.
Chromium is suspected to cause potential damage to the liver, blood cells, and kidneys with oxidative reactions when taken in high doses. Chromium can even cause cancer in some individuals (7). The recommended dose of Chromium is only 30mcg a day. Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia comes with an extremely high dose of 200mcg per capsule. As stated, high doses of Chromium can cause serious negative effects.
Calcium Carbonate (50mg)
Calcium is the most present mineral in the body, stored mostly in teeth and bones. Calcium has so many benefits, it’s hard to list them all. Some of them include building a strong and functional skeletal structure, regulating heart rhythms, regulating blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and much more. We cannot produce Calcium ourselves, so it is important that we get this crucial mineral from our diet. Calcium deficiencies can result in many problems such as weak bones, osteoporosis, blood problems, weakness, and fatigue, etc. Even though Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia provides a small amount of Calcium, it can still help in achieving the recommended daily dose of this vital mineral (8).
Potassium is a vital mineral and electrolyte found in the foods we eat daily. Potassium has a wide range of functions in the body, including blood pressure, normal water balance, muscle contractions, digestion, and much more. Humans aren’t able to produce Potassium naturally, so it’s crucial to consume sufficient amounts of potassium from our diet. Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia provides a slight dose of this essential mineral, helping our body to function properly (9) (10).
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia Ingredients Summary
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia uses only natural ingredients, extracted from non-GMO sources. The main ingredient does provide the recommended dosage of Garcinia and % HCA. With many recent studies backing up Garcinia Cambogia, this ingredient will have an impact on your appetite and weight loss.
You will feel a smaller desire to overeat and crave any delicious comfort foods. With the combination of Potassium and Calcium, your body will surely experience positive health benefits. The one big problem with the ingredient list would be Chromium. High doses of Chromium, like the one found in Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia (200mcg), can cause potentially harmful effects on the body.
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia Review – Our Conclusion
Vita Web Garcinia Cambogia appears to contain a good blend of ingredients, with some exceptions. Vita Web Garcinia has a higher concentration of HCA, which is a tell-tale sign of quality (60%). Hydroxycitric acid is proven to be an efficient appetite suppressant, promoting long-term weight loss. The only massive problem for Vita Web Garcinia would be Chromium. This ingredient has numerous side effects, linked to very high doses.
Vita Web has an extremely high dose of Chromium in just one pill. The Vita Web label even suggests two capsules per day, bringing the total dose of Chromium at 400mcg! We already stated the horrendous effects that could occur. At the same time, it is also important to note that there are quite a few negative reviews about this supplement, introducing a sense of suspicion to the entire thing.
With this in mind, there are better options available on the market, with no possible side effects like this particular product.
1. Amy M. Egras, William R. Hamilton, Thomas L. Lenz, and Michael S. Monaghan. “An Evidence-Based Review of Fat Modifying Supplemental Weight Loss Products.” J Obes. (2011). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2931392/
2. Semwal RB, Semwal DK, Vermaak I, Viljoen A. “A comprehensive scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia.” Fitoterapia. (2015 Apr). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25732350
3. Igho Onakpoya, Shao Kang Hung, Rachel Perry, Barbara Wider, and Edzard Ernst. “The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials.” J Obes. (2011). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3010674/
4. Márquez F, Babio N, Bulló M, Salas-Salvadó J. “Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of hydroxycitric acid or Garcinia cambogia extracts in humans.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. (2012). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530711
5. Young-Je Kim, Myung-Sook Choi, Yong Bok Park, Sang Ryong Kim, Mi-Kyung Lee, and Un Ju Jung. “Garcinia Cambogia attenuates diet-induced adiposity but exacerbates hepatic collagen accumulation and inflammation.” World J Gastroenterol. (2013 Aug 7). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3732841/
6. San Mauro-Martin I, Ruiz-León AM, Camina-Martín MA, Garicano-Vilar E, Collado-Yurrita L, Mateo-Silleras Bd, Redondo Del Río Mde P. “[Chromium supplementation in patients with type 2 diabetes and high risk of type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials].” Nutr Hosp. (2016 Feb 16). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27019254
7. Olga Golubnitschaja and Kristina Yeghiazaryan. “Opinion controversy to chromium picolinate therapy’s safety and efficacy: ignoring ‘anecdotes’ of case reports or recognising individual risks and new guidelines urgency to introduce innovation by predictive diagnostics?” EPMA J. (2012). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3515400/
8. R. L. Prentice, M. B. Pettinger, R. D. Jackson, J. Wactawski-Wende, A. Z. LaCroix, G. L. Anderson, R. T. Chlebowski, J. E. Manson, L. Van Horn, M. Z. Vitolins, M. Datta, E. S. LeBlanc, J. A. Cauley, and J. E. Rossouw. “Health risks and benefits from calcium and vitamin D supplementation: Women’s Health Initiative clinical trial and cohort study.” Osteoporos Int. (2013 Feb). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3557387/
9. He FJ, MacGregor GA. “Beneficial effects of potassium on human health.” Physiol Plant. (2008 Aug). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18724413
10. Michael S. Stone, Lisa Martyn, and Connie M. Weaver. “Potassium Intake, Bioavailability, Hypertension, and Glucose Control.” Nutrients. (2016 Jul). Retrieved from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4963920/
Steven has researched over 500 weight-loss programs, pills, shakes and diet plans. He has also worked with nutritionists specializing in weight loss while coaching people on how to transform their physiques and live healthy lives.