Getting lean and losing weight takes determination, commitment, and patience, but these are just not enough on their own. You have a well-balanced workout regimen and an effective nutrition plan, but something is still off.
While these factors are important in your weight loss journey, it seems that you’re still missing something. This is where supplements enter. No, they are not the key to fast and efficient weight loss, but still, the use of supplements can maximize results.
Editor's Tip: After reading the review about Stimerex ES, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
Stimerex ES could be the diet pill you've been looking for all this time. Described as being different from the competition, this weight loss product claims to possess the ability to burn fat and calories as well as suppress appetite and cravings.
This Fat burner is manufactured by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and is marketed as “America’s Strongest Energizer” by its producer due to the research behind it and the “powerful ingredients” in this fat burning formula.
This company had serious problems in the past though. High-Tech Pharmaceuticals sold supplements contaminated with prescription drugs not too long ago and their CEO was fined $50,000 and sentenced to 50 months in prison for these actions.
Now, we won’t judge a book by its cover so let’s subject it to a complete and comprehensive review!
How Stimerex ES Works
This fat burner claims to work in various ways, offering a strong property that acts as a fat burner, appetite suppressant, and metabolism booster.
Stimerex ES forces the body to increase the intensity of the fat burning process with the help of thermogenic ingredients (Ephedra and 5-methoxytryptamine). It also suppresses any cravings, so you won’t mess up your diet. Stimerex ES can optimize your metabolic rate, allowing you to burn fat consistently throughout the day (1).
Combined, all these functions should be able to enhance weight loss results by increasing your resting metabolic rate, keeping you satiated during the day.
Stimerex ES Ingredients
Simply looking at the Stimerex ES ingredients, we face two big problems.
The first obvious problem with this fat burner would be the Proprietary Blend. By now, everyone knows about the shady aspects of Proprietary Blends.
These blends provide a mix of various substances, providing no clear indication of the quantities of each ingredient. Supplement companies use the Proprietary Blend strategy to hide ingredient quantities, increasing the risk of overdosing and side effects.
The second problem with Stimerex ES is Ephedra. Ephedra alkaloids, the active substance that makes Ephedra valuable as a weight loss stimulant, is illegal for use in any dietary supplement. Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals hid this information by listing the ingredient as “ephedra extract”, avoiding any legal trouble.
Proprietary Blend Ingredients (510mg):
- Acacia Rigidula Extract – Is derived from the perennial shrub called “black brush” that is native to the regions of Central Mexico and Southern Texas. Acacia Rigidula Extract is believed to have stimulant-like effects, which is the reason why we see more weight loss supplements including this ingredient. Acacia Rigidula contains two groups of active chemicals which have been linked to increased weight loss. Phenethylamine is the first chemical found in Acacia Rigidula. This compound suppresses your hunger, increasing lipolysis and promotes fat breakdown. This chemical is also responsible for mood stimulation. Beta3-adrenergic compounds are the second group of chemicals which increase your internal body temperature, improving your resting metabolic rate, suppressing your hunger in the process (2).
- Theobroma Cocoa Extract – Represents xanthine, a caffeine derivative known to have stimulant effects. Theobroma Cocoa Extract provides flavonoids that promote the production of adiponectin (Protein hormone), which is responsible for fat breakdown control and glucose. With higher levels of adiponectin, our body has the ability to burn fat faster and more efficiently. Theobroma Cocoa Extract also has similar effects to caffeine, boosting energy levels and mood. There are little to no side effects associated with this extract (3).
- Phenylethylamine HCL – While this ingredient has no effect on your weight loss, it still plays an important role in Stimerex ES. Phenylethylamine HCL, also known as the “love drug”, has a property that stimulates the transmission of amino acid phenylalanine, which promotes positive and stable mood levels. Also present in chocolate, this ingredient could increase dopamine in the pleasure points of the brain, leaving you happy and satisfied (4).
- Citrus Aurantium Extract – Better recognized as Synephrine, Citrus Aurantium extract is known to promote weight reduction and energy improvement. This compound stimulates the nervous system, increasing the heart rate and metabolism, providing a higher calorie expenditure. The huge issue with Synperhine is the side effects. Common side effects associated with Synperhine include burning, stinging, headaches, nausea, sweating, and more. It has been banned in many countries due to these side effects (5).
- Green Tea Extract – Is believed to hold many weight loss benefits. Green Tea Extract has various antioxidants which improve your skin quality, brain health, and liver function. Green Tea Extract also contains caffeine, which improves your energy levels (6).
- 1, 3 Dimethylamine HCL – Is a very controversial ingredient that is linked to many different side effects. Known as DMAA, this compound has been flagged as “not suitable” by the FDA. Although this chemical could potentially improve weight loss, the side effects it causes are way too serious. Some of the side effects include rapid heartbeat, increased blood pressure, and increased chances of heart attack or stroke (7).
- Yohimbe Extract – Is a powerful stimulant that affects the nervous system and fat cells. Yohimbe’s main property aids with fat loss. Fat cells have different receptors that control it, namely alpha-2 receptors and beta-2 receptors. Yohimbe Extract blocks the alpha-2 receptors, making fat loss in stubborn areas a much easier process. Clinical studies prove the positive effects of Yohimbe Extract on weight and fat loss. Besides all the positive effects, Yohimbe has a few negatives too. Yohimbe is not recommended for children, pregnant women, and older individuals. Side effects include high levels of anxiety, escalated heart rate, and the increased risk of heart disease (8).
- Naringen Fruit – Represents the predominant flavonoid in grapefruit, which provides a better taste. Naringen might be the healthiest ingredient in the whole formula! Having anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties, this fruit plays a key role in the prevention of inflammation and diseases. Naringen is also known for its ability to enhance the effects of other ingredients found in dietary supplements (9).
- 6, 7 Dihydroxybergamottin – Found in grapefruit juice, this ingredient should help with the absorption of each ingredient found in the Stimerex ES formula. Although some studies suggest possible negative effects of this ingredient if it's combined with other compounds (10).
- Caffeine – Is a very well researched ingredient that is found in many supplements and diet pills today. One thing's for sure, caffeine will increase your energy levels instantly but only for a short period of time. Caffeine can also potentially reduce the feeling of hunger and your desire to eat. Stimerex ES provides only 150 mg and the recommended effective dosage of Caffeine is 400mg (11).
Even though some of the ingredients found in Stimerex ES have some fat burning effects, there is simply not enough evidence or information to prove the actual effectiveness of the formula. Definitely not a surprise, since we have no information regarding the quantities of the main ingredients, which means that we cannot make accurate predictions.
The real issue with the ingredients are the potentially negative effects. This product can result in extremely serious and harmful side effects, and there is a real risk of illness and health problems for any Stimerex ES user.
Editor's Tip: After reading the conclusion about Stimerex ES, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
The bottom line is that there is no accurate proof of whether the Stimerex ES Fat Burner works or not. However, even if effective, this fat burner contains several ingredients which may result in serious consequences if consumed over a long period of time. In some cases, even short usage periods can lead to negative effects.
With all the side effects it is very hard to promote this product as good value for money. Even if this fat burner provides weight loss and fat burning benefits, the devastating side effects simply outweigh them.
There are better fat burning options available on the market so don’t waste your health and money!
- Jeukendrup AE, Randell R. “Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism.” Obes Rev. (2011 Oct). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21951331
- Pawar RS, Grundel E, Fardin-Kia AR, Rader JI. “Determination of selected biogenic amines in Acacia rigidula plant materials and dietary supplements using LC-MS/MS methods.” J Pharm Biomed Anal. (2014). Viewed at:
- Zainal Baharum, Abdah Md Akim, Taufiq Yap Yun Hin, Roslida Abdul Hamid, and Rosmin Kasran. “Theobroma cacao: Review of the Extraction, Isolation, and Bioassay of Its Potential Anti-cancer Compounds.” Trop Life Sci Res. (2016 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4807961
- Meredith Irsfeld, Matthew Spadafore, and Dr. Birgit M. Prüß. “β-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact.” Webmedcentral. (2013 Sep 30). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3904499/
- Stohs SJ, Preuss HG, Shara M. “A review of the human clinical studies involving Citrus aurantium (bitter orange) extract and its primary protoalkaloid p-synephrine.” Int J Med Sci. (2012). Viewed at:
- Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi,1 Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. “Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review.” Chin Med. (2010). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Piotr Chołbiński, Mariola Wicka, Katarzyna Kowalczyk, Anna Jarek, Paweł Kaliszewski, Andrzej Pokrywka, Ewa Bulska, and Dorota Kwiatkowska. “Detection of β-methylphenethylamine, a novel doping substance, by means of UPLC/MS/MS.” Anal Bioanal Chem. (2014). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4026626/
- Tam SW, Worcel M, Wyllie M. “Yohimbine: a clinical review.” Pharmacol Ther. (2001 Sep). Viewed at:
- M. Ashraful Alam, Nusrat Subhan, M. Mahbubur Rahman, Shaikh J. Uddin, Hasan M. Reza, and Satyajit D. Sarker. “Effect of Citrus Flavonoids, Naringin, and Naringenin, on Metabolic Syndrome and Their Mechanisms of Action.” Adv Nutr. (2014 Jul). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4085189/
- Kakar SM, Paine MF, Stewart PW, Watkins PB. “6'7′-Dihydroxybergamottin contributes to the grapefruit juice effect.” Clin Pharmacol Ther. (2004 Jun). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15179411
- Nawrot P, Jordan S, Eastwood J, Rotstein J, Hugenholtz A, Feeley M. “Effects of caffeine on human health.” Food Addit Contam. (2003 Jan). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12519715
Emily has spent the last 8 years comparing, reviewing and analyzing ingredients in the supplements industry. She has worked extensively with dieticians, nutritionists and personal trainers to separate fact from fiction and help people achieve their fitness goals. In her free time she works and enjoys the outdoors with her husband and 2 children.