Purium is a popular range of diet supplements that are meant to provide numerous health benefits as well as extraordinary weight loss results. Purium supplements are organic and 100% GMO-free, made for the sole purpose of providing essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that most of us just don’t get anywhere else. Many claims have been made about the various benefits of each Purium product, ranging from fat burning and muscle growth to detoxification and reduced appetite.
We are going to take a closer look at the Purium supplement line, investigate the ingredients, prove their effectiveness, look at the side effects, and more, summarizing everything and giving you the final verdict! Just read on!
Popular Purium Products
These are some of the leading products offered by Purium:
Purium 10 Day Transformation
This program was invented by David Sandoval, a well-recognized wellness expert, and writer. The program itself was created for easy and fast weight loss results, helping remove all bad eating habits while cleansing and detoxing the body. The 10-day kit contains all the necessary supplements for going through the transformation, such as Apothe-Cherry, Super Amino 23, Power Shake, Super Lytes, and Daily Fiber Blend.
When combined, these supplements form a powerful formula that removes toxins and harmful substances, gets rid of excess weight, and even preserves muscle mass.
Purium Daily Core3
This kit provides any busy person with their necessary daily fruit, vegetable, and protein requirements. The three main products in this kit are Power Shake, Super Amino 23, and Apothe-Cherry. Daily Core3 basically helps you have a healthy day. Instead of your morning coffee, you take 5 Super Amino 23 tablets for fat burning, appetite suppression, and an energy boost. During the day you have the Power Shake, which provides you with all the necessary nutrients you need. And before you go to bed, you take Apothe-Cherry for a good night’s sleep.
With only three supplements you can make your busy lifestyle so much easier and healthier.
Purium Athlete Pack
A perfect product for any athlete that is looking to improve his performance. This kit contains Super Xanthin, Super Amino 23, and Can’t Beat This. Super Amino 23 builds muscle, Super Xanthin supports this role by maintaining the new muscle mass, with the addition of burning sugar for fuel. The Can’t Beat This formula offers valuable ingredients such as Pomegranate and Beetroot Powder, which deliver crucial nutrients to our system.
All Purium products contain only high-quality ingredients, which help our bodies in many ways. Some of the key ingredients include:
- Spirulina – Is believed to be a super nutrient that is derived from a tiny water plant called Spirulina. Spirulina contains protein, iron, vitamins, minerals and most of the essential micro-nutrients, many of which our diet lack. However, when harvested incorrectly, Spirulina could promote toxic buildup in the form of heavy metals. In this case, side effects such as fatigue, diarrhea, muscle cramps, and vomiting could occur (1). Hopefully, this isn’t the case with any Purium supplement.
- Black Walnut Hull – This amazing ingredient has been used in herbal medicine for thousands of years. Black Walnut Hull helps with many conditions. It is known to be an effective laxative with anti-viral properties that cleanse the body from any harmful substances (2). Although Black Walnut Hull carries many health benefits, it has the potential to induce problems when applied directly to the skin. Therefore, handling this ingredient must be exercised with caution (3).
- Cascara Sagrada Bark – This herb is commonly used for its laxative effects. With its diuretic abilities, it can also promote significant fluid loss, which could lead to dehydration (4). However, with its laxative properties, Cascara Sagrada does improve digestion and may even resolve problems such as upset stomach, gas, or diarrhea (5).
- Senna Leaf – Is a powerful remedy for constipation and digestive problems. Studies clearly show the positive effects of Senna Leaf, proving the positive effects on digestion, skin, and peristaltic movements in the body. If consumed on a long-term basis or in high doses, Senna Leaf could induce muscle fatigue, an unhealthy balance of electrolytes, heart malfunction, dehydration, and other harmful effects (6).
- Wormwood – Also known as Mugwort, Wormwood is a bitter herb derived from the fields of North Africa and North America. This plant has been used for its therapeutical properties since ancient times. In fact, the name “Wormwood” translates from its traditional use as “cleanse the body of toxic organisms.” Wormwood is great for eliminating intestinal worms, especially roundworms and pinworms making it a must-have cleansing ingredient (7). Studies even show that Wormwood extract kills cancer cells in the body, enhancing one’s overall health (8).
- Clove – These herbs offer many health benefits, some of which include improved liver function, enhanced digestion, increased metabolism, improved immune system, and more. Cloves are especially great for anyone who is trying to lose weight since they significantly increase the metabolic rate, which in turn regulates blood sugar levels and promotes long-term fat burning (9).
- Alfalfa Leaf – Has a long and successful history of healing properties. Alfalfa successfully treats high cholesterol levels, asthma, arthritis, diabetes, upset stomach, osteoarthritis, and more (10). A 2012 study by the Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation shows that Alfalfa Leaf extract combined with Vitamin C supports the body in fighting ischemic diseases, digestive issues and malnutrition. The even more impressive thing about Alfalfa Leaf is that it has virtually no side effects (11)!
Purium offers a wide range of organic products that feature active ingredients shown to support digestion, weight loss, skin health, libido, cognition, and much more. Many Purium products include extracts or isolates from natural fruits, vegetables, and herbs, instead of individual nutrient supplements. This has the advantage of providing vitamins and minerals alongside other biologically important antioxidants and phytonutrients. However, some Purium ingredients raise some concerns due to their potential side effects, although, there were only a small number of customer issues that were reported.
Purium products are a fast and effective option for people who are looking to improve their physical appearance and general health. These products come with a few possible negative effects, which really aren’t common but still plausible. Purium has scientific proof behind most of their ingredients and products, offering impressive formulas for weight loss, body cleansing, and overall health. On top of everything, there are a good amount of happy Purium customers and that is one of the main reasons we can recommend most Purium products.
- P. D. Karkos, S. C. Leong, C. D. Karkos, N. Sivaji, and D. A. Assimakopoulos. “Spirulina in Clinical Practice: Evidence-Based Human Applications.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2011). Viewed at:
- Jonathan Wenzel, Cheryl Storer Samaniego, Lihua Wang, Laron Burrows, Evan Tucker, Nathan Dwarshuis, Michelle Ammerman, and Ali Zand. “Antioxidant potential of Juglans nigra, black walnut, husks extracted using supercritical carbon dioxide with an ethanol modifier.” Food Sci Nutr. (2017 Mar). Viewed at:
- Caterina Foti, Paolo Romita, Gianni Angelini, and Domenico Bonamonte. “Allergic Contact Dermatitis to Walnut (Juglans Regia) Husk.” Indian J Dermatol. (2015 Nov-Dec). Viewed at:
- Wright CI, Van-Buren L, Kroner CI, Koning MM. “Herbal medicines as diuretics: a review of the scientific evidence.” J Ethnopharmacol. (2007 Oct 8). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17804183
- Lithgow RA. “Cascara Sagrada in Constipation.” Br Med J. (1883 Jul 14). Viewed at:
- Jaqueline Ferreira Campos, David Tsuyoshi Hiramatsu de Castro, Marcio José Damião, Heron F. Vieira Torquato, Edgar J. Paredes-Gamero, Carlos Alexandre Carollo, Leticia M. Estevinho, Kely de Picoli Souza, and Edson Lucas dos Santos. “The Chemical Profile of Senna velutina Leaves and Their Antioxidant and Cytotoxic Effects.” Oxid Med Cell Longev. (2016). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5075628/
- Lachenmeier DW. “Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium L.)–a curious plant with both neurotoxic and neuroprotective properties?” J Ethnopharmacol. (2010 Aug 19). Viewed at:
- Krebs S, Omer TN, Omer B. “Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) suppresses tumour necrosis factor alpha and accelerates healing in patients with Crohn’s disease – A controlled clinical trial.” Phytomedicine. (2010 Apr).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19962291
- Diego Francisco Cortés-Rojas, Claudia Regina Fernandes de Souza, and Wanderley Pereira Oliveira. “Clove (Syzygium aromaticum): a precious spice.” Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. (2014 Feb). Viewed at:
- Gaweł E. “Chemical composition of lucerne leaf extract (EFL) and its applications as a phytobiotic in human nutrition.” Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. (2012 Jul-Sep). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22744951
- Esmaiel Amraie, Masome Khosravi Farsani, Leila Sadeghi, Tayaba Naim Khan, Vahid Yousefi Babadi, and Zohrab Adavi. “The effects of aqueous extract of alfalfa on blood glucose and lipids in alloxan-induced diabetic rats.” Interv Med Appl Sci. (2015 Sep). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4609025/
Amanda is a gym instructor and a diet and nutrition fanatic that has reviewed 100s of supplements for the benefit of consumers. She struggled with obesity 7 years ago and after losing more than 30lbs, dedicates most of her time in helping others achieve similar results and transform their lives.