It's not difficult to find a number of Garcinia Cambogia products on the market today, but not all of them are considered equal. The main reason why this ingredient became so popular in the first place is because Dr. Oz endorsed its weight loss properties. It’s also widely used by ancient cultures as an edible fruit as well as a medicinal compound.
Editor's Tip: After reading the review about Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia stands out from the competitors because it’s a filler-free Garcinia Cambogia supplement. It provides a pure form of Garcinia without any unnecessary ingredients. The manufacturers of this weight loss supplement also don’t require their customers to undergo any strenuous exercise or diet plans that take forever to produce results. Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia claims to suppress appetite, lowering overall calorie intake and pushing your body into the fat burning zone.
Claims aside, is Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia really a weight loss miracle? Read on and find out in this unbiased review!
How Does Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia Work?
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia works through its natural herbal ingredients that can help supercharge your metabolism for increased weight loss and calorie expenditure, which is the first sign of a good diet pill (1).
As mentioned, the first approach to fat burning is based on caloric expenditure. You need to make sure that you're expending more energy than you normally would, otherwise it can be almost impossible to lose weight. Your caloric expenditure needs to be greater than your caloric intake (2).
The second major approach to weight loss is calorie reduction. Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia suppresses the appetite, eliminating your cravings and keeping you in the required deficit. You can image how valuable calorie reduction could be, especially when used in the combination with calorie expenditure (3).
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia Ingredients
There is very little information available about the actual ingredients found in this product. The official website only states that it contains 60% Garcinia Cambogia, which is the recommended dose for effective weight loss results.
Here is the list of ingredients we managed to find:
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract (HCA) – Garcinia is the main and most important ingredient in this supplement. Garcinia Cambogia contains Hydroxycitric Acid, a substance that has been shown across numerous clinical studies to stimulate weight loss through the effects that it can have on the metabolic rate (4). A metabolic boost can be immensely helpful for anyone who is trying to lose weight. An enhanced metabolic rate, in turn, leads to increased energy expenditure, which puts our body into a great position to lose weight. Stable blood sugar levels are another positive effect of Garcinia (5). Recent research concluded that Garcinia Cambogia can help control blood sugar levels by changing the way cells take up sugar for energy. This way our body could use the carbohydrates consumed for energy, instead of storing them as fat. Again we need to mention that Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia contains 60% of HCA in their extract, which is the optimum amount for safe and efficient weight loss (6).
- Magnesium Stearate – Is one of the most used additives in drugs and supplements today. Magnesium Stearate helps speed up the pill manufacturing process since it prevents ingredients from sticking to the mechanical equipment (7). Besides its fantastic manufacturing purposes, Magnesium Stearate also makes the pills easier to swallow and move down the gastrointestinal tract. Magnesium Stearate is also an excipient, which means it can enhance the therapeutic abilities of the active ingredients of various medications and supplements (8).
- Cellulose – Is an insoluble fiber that helps ensure stabilization, along with its coating properties (9). The coating aids in hastening the absorption of other ingredients contained in the capsules (10).
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia uses only organic and GMO-free ingredients. Garcinia Cambogia Extract which is the main ingredient does provide the recommended dosage of Garcinia and HCA for optimal and safe results. With many recent studies backing up Garcinia Cambogia, this ingredient should have an impact on your appetite and weight management. You will experience a smaller desire to eat, making your weight loss journey a lot easier. The only problem with the ingredients is the lack of sufficient data regarding the dosages. This is a problem, as HCA can be toxic if taken in large quantities.
The Cost of Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia
You can only purchase Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia from their official website where they even offer a trial period.
As with most trial offers there will be an initial charge of $6.94 for a 14-day trial. If you are not happy with the product you are required to cancel the trial within the 14-day period. If you don’t cancel the order, your account will be charged the full price of Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia, which is $84.74. You will be also enrolled in an auto-ship program where you will be charged every 30 days.
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia Side Effects
As mentioned, dosages are unavailable until one buys the actual product. This is a huge concern as Hydroxycitric acid can be dangerous in large amounts (11). At a high concentration like the one found in Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia, the dosage needs to be clearly specified as to how much HCA is in each capsule (12).
However, reported side effects for this product are mild. They include diarrhea, dry mouth, and dizziness. Just keep in mind that all dietary supplements may interact with the medications that you take regularly. So before making the huge step of purchasing this product, consult your doctor or physician first.
Editor's Tip: After reading the conclusion about Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
Pure Life Garcinia Cambogia is among the better weight loss supplements out there. While it is not the most popular and one with limited user reviews, it does have quality ingredients that will enhance your weight loss results. The only concern is the potential high doses of HCA which could but most likely won’t cause any side effects. This supplement has a higher price mark, but if used with a good diet and exercise program it will be an effective weight loss solution. On the other hand, without these two components, it will only have mild benefits.
- Semwal RB, Semwal DK, Vermaak I, Viljoen A. “A comprehensive scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia.” Fitoterapia. (2015 Apr). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25732350
- Lilian de Jonge, George A. Bray, Steven R. Smith, Donna H. Ryan, Russell de Souza, Catherine M. Loria, Catherine M. Champagne, Donald Williamson, and Frank M. Sacks. “Effect of diet composition and weight loss on resting energy expenditure in the POUNDS LOST study.” Obesity (Silver Spring). (2012 Dec). Viewed at:
- Strasser B, Spreitzer A, Haber P. “Fat loss depends on energy deficit only, independently of the method for weight loss.” Ann Nutr Metab. (2007). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025815
- Igho Onakpoya, Shao Kang Hung, Rachel Perry, Barbara Wider, and Edzard Ernst. “The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials.” J Obes. (2011). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3010674/
- Sripradha R, Magadi SG. “Efficacy of garcinia cambogia on body weight, inflammation and glucose tolerance in high fat fed male wistar rats.” J Clin Diagn Res. (2015 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25859449
- Ramalingam Sripradha1 and Sridhar Gopalakrishna Magadi. “Efficacy of Garcinia Cambogia on Body Weight, Inflammation and Glucose Tolerance in High Fat Fed Male Wistar Rats.” J Clin Diagn Res. (2015 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378731/
- Cheryl A. Hobbs, Kazuhiko Saigo, Mihoko Koyanagi, and Shim-mo Hayashic. “Magnesium stearate, a widely-used food additive, exhibits a lack of in vitro and in vivo genotoxic potential.” Toxicol Rep. (2017). Viewed at:
- Leinonen UI, Jalonen HU, Vihervaara PA, Laine ES. “Physical and lubrication properties of magnesium stearate.” J Pharm Sci. (1992 Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1491339
- Mischnick P, Momcilovic D. “Chemical structure analysis of starch and cellulose derivatives.” Adv Carbohydr Chem Biochem. (2010). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20837199
- Juśkiewicz J, Zduńczyk Z. “Effects of cellulose, carboxymethylcellulose and inulin fed to rats as single supplements or in combinations on their caecal parameters.” Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. (2004 Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15596397
- Annette M. Lopez, Joshua Kornegay, and Robert G. Hendricks. “Serotonin Toxicity Associated with Garcinia cambogia Over-the-counter Supplement.” J Med Toxicol. (2014 Dec). Viewed at:
- Li Oon Chuah, Swee Keong Yeap, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, and Noorjahan Banu Alitheen. “In Vitro and In Vivo Toxicity of Garcinia or Hydroxycitric Acid: A Review.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2012).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3424601/
Emily has spent the last 8 years comparing, reviewing and analyzing ingredients in the supplements industry. She has worked extensively with dieticians, nutritionists and personal trainers to separate fact from fiction and help people achieve their fitness goals. In her free time she works and enjoys the outdoors with her husband and 2 children.