For many people, there are only a few things more uncomfortable and frustrating than dealing with the unpleasant pains of a poorly functioning digestive system. Unfortunately, the true fact is that many men and women suffer from bloating, irritation, and discomfort during and after each meal.
While some of us may take indigestion pills, these are only a temporary solution that won’t eradicate the underlying issue, which is a poorly-balanced digestive health. To fully combat digestive problems and lose weight in the process, you might want to consider adding a supplement such as ProbioSlim.
Editor's Tip: After reviewing ProbioSlim, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
What is ProbioSlim?
ProbioSlim is a dietary supplement that prides itself on treating digestive issues and obesity. This product combines a powerful mix of various probiotics and antioxidants that control appetite while also detoxifying the system from any harmful substances. Such capabilities allow ProbioSlim to improve the working of the digestive process while fortifying the whole immune system. The ProbioSlim concept is fairly simple: a healthy and clean body will also fight off any frequent illnesses and will aid with weight loss.
The manufacturers list several benefits of the ProbioSlim formula.
- Promotes Better Digestion: ProbioSlim contains special probiotics that improve the digestive process, relieving diarrhea, constipation, and gas. ProbioSlim will also get rid of the annoying feeling of bloating, making you appear slimmer in the process.
- Promotes Good Gut Bacteria: Another benefit that the ProbioSlim probiotics provide is the growth of good gut bacteria inside the intestines. This will affect the ratio between the good and bad gut bacteria, promoting a higher level of good bacteria in our intestinal tract.
- Induces Weight Loss: ProbioSlim also contains proven weight and fat burning ingredients that can significantly impact the weight loss journey. These ingredients will boost metabolism, energy, and promote feelings of satiety.
- Energy Enhancement: The first big problem with poor digestion is the lack of energy and motivation it induces. However, ProbioSlim states to easily fix this issue by getting the gastrointestinal system back on track. This can create a big difference in the energy you'll feel during the day, making you more productive and energized.
What goes into a product is the most important factor for determining its true potential and efficiency. Sadly, ProbioSlim doesn’t provide proper dosing information for each of the ingredients since its formula is made out of a proprietary blend. Manufacturers usually incorporate these blends to hide the real dosing information, lowering production costs, but raising the risk of inefficiency and side effects.
Be that as it may, here are the ingredients found in the ProbioSlim formula:
- LactoSpore Bacillus Coagulans – Represents a spore-forming bacterium that has many beneficial properties related to digestion and immune function. Bacillus Coagulans are commonly used in medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) (1) (2). It is found that Bacillus Coagulans neutralizes intestinal flora, which is the main cause of diarrhea and a lot of other gastrointestinal issues like ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, etc.
- Super EGCG Green Tea Extract – Also known as Epigallocatechin Gallate, this is a polyphenol that is found in Green Tea and in certain vitamins and supplements. EGCG has a long list of potential benefits, including its ability to act as an anticancer substance, improve weight loss and belly fat burning, increase the resting metabolic rate, and suppress appetite (3). However, studies clearly show that only doses of 300 mg or more can provide suitable results, anything less may not work as efficiently (4).
- Green Tea Extract – A highly popular ingredient that is found in various diet pills, drinks, and teas. Similar to EGCG, Green Tea can enhance weight loss, metabolism, energy, suppress appetite, and much more (5). Green Tea also contains a fairly high amount of caffeine, and for this reason, high dosages of this extract might induce side effects (6).
- Kiwi Extract – This sweet and tangy fruit has amazing health benefits. Kiwis are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, potassium, and folate (7). They are also very rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances that may possibly aid with digestion, immune system, blood pressure, reduction of blood clotting, and various other heart-related conditions (8).
- Fig Extract – This natural prebiotic is proven to treat constipation, lower cholesterol, help with diabetes control and blood pressure, and so much more. Figs are also loaded with fiber and important vitamins and minerals that improve overall health and well-being (9) (10).
- Papaya Extract – The Papaya plant is mostly used for medicinal purposes since it has a myriad of positive properties. First of all, Papaya has anti-cancerous abilities that significantly impact the risk of any form of cancer (11). This extract also has great anti-inflammatory effects that strengthen the immune system and may even aid with weight loss (12).
ProbioSlim has some truly useful and possibly efficient ingredients. Most of them even have proven records of effectiveness, however, we still face a huge problem with this formula. The dosages for each ingredient are not listed on the product label, which is a big concern. This way consumers are not informed about the exact amount of each component inside the formula, resulting in a possibly questionable and underdosed supplement.
The ProbioSlim ingredients might be natural and safe to some degree, but still, without precise dosing, we are not able to determine their true potential.
You can purchase ProbioSlim through its official website, or through various online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, and Walmart. A 14-day trial is offered to every customer and you will only pay $2.99 for shipping and handling. However, after this trial ends, you will be charged $24.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules. A 30-day money back guarantee is also offered to each customer.
Editor's Tip: Following the verdict on ProbioSlim, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
ProbioSlim does contain some ingredients that might induce effective results, but the dosages they come in are most likely not sufficient. Most of the ingredients found in their formula require a specific dose in order to be effective. For instance, EGCG Extract needs to come in a dose of at least 300 mg in order for it to work, the same story goes for LactoSpore Bacillus Coagulans, and so on.
Without a transparent ingredients formula, there simply is no way for us to determine if this supplement works or not.
However, you can certainly take the risk and try ProbioSlim. You might even see some results, just keep in mind that there are other proven options on the market today.
- Mehran Rogha, Mozhdehalsadat Zahiri Esfahani, and Amir Houshang Zargarzadeh. “The efficacy of a synbiotic containing Bacillus Coagulans in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.” Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. (2014 Summer). Viewed at:
- Kathleen F Benson, Kimberlee A Redman, Steve G Carter, David Keller, Sean Farmer, John R Endres, and Gitte S Jensen. “Probiotic metabolites from Bacillus coagulans GanedenBC30TM support maturation of antigen-presenting cells in vitro.” World J Gastroenterol. (2012 Apr 28). Viewed at:
- Wolfram S. “Effects of green tea and EGCG on cardiovascular and metabolic health.” J Am Coll Nutr. (2007 Aug). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17906191
- Singh BN, Shankar S, Srivastava RK. “Green tea catechin, epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG): mechanisms, perspectives and clinical applications.” Biochem Pharmacol. (2011 Dec 15). Viewed at:
- Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. “Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review.” Chin Med. (2010 Apr 6). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Adrian B. Hodgson, Rebecca K. Randell, and Asker E. Jeukendrup. “The Effect of Green Tea Extract on Fat Oxidation at Rest and during Exercise: Evidence of Efficacy and Proposed Mechanisms.” Adv Nutr. (2013 Mar). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3649093/
- Deters AM, Schröder KR, Hensel A. “Kiwi fruit (Actinidia chinensis L.) polysaccharides exert stimulating effects on cell proliferation via enhanced growth factor receptors, energy production, and collagen synthesis of human keratinocytes, fibroblasts, and skin equivalents.” J Cell Physiol. (2005 Mar). Viewed at:
- Kaur L, Boland M. “Influence of kiwifruit on protein digestion.” Adv Food Nutr Res. (2013). Viewed at:
- Shukranul Mawa, Khairana Husain, and Ibrahim Jantan. “Ficus carica L. (Moraceae): Phytochemistry, Traditional Uses and Biological Activities.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2013 Sep 16). Viewed at:
- Amir Hossein Asl Najjari, Zolfaghar Rajabi, Mehdi Vasfi Marandi, and Gholamreza Dehghan. “The effect of the hexanic extracts of fig (Ficus carica) and olive (Olea europaea) fruit and nanoparticles of selenium on the immunogenicity of the inactivated avian influenza virus subtype H9N2.” Vet Res Forum. (2015 Sep 15).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4611977/
- Schweiggert RM, Kopec RE, Villalobos-Gutierrez MG, Högel J4, Quesada S, Esquivel P, Schwartz SJ, Carle R. “Carotenoids are more bioavailable from papaya than from tomato and carrot in humans: a randomised cross-over study.” Br J Nutr. (2014 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23931131
- Osato JA, Santiago LA, Remo GM, Cuadra MS, Mori A. “Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of unripe papaya.” Life Sci. (1993). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8412504
Amanda is a gym instructor and a diet and nutrition fanatic that has reviewed 100s of supplements for the benefit of consumers. She struggled with obesity 7 years ago and after losing more than 30lbs, dedicates most of her time in helping others achieve similar results and transform their lives.