Most dieters are looking for the fastest, easiest, and least painful way to lose weight. Everyone has something to get ready for, whether it’s a wedding, vacation, reunion, or simply going to the beach to look good.
Editor's Tip: After reading the review about Performix SST, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
That is why fat burning supplements have become so popular since they are expertly designed to give you energy and metabolic support to help burn off those annoying inches just in time. Performix SST is one of the more popular fat burners, and might just be the right supplement for you.
Performix SST claims to provide the best class absorption, time-released delivery and a complete use of every single molecule of its active ingredients blend. Performix supplements are all driven by their Terra intelligent dosing technology which allows the ingredients to be released into the body in multiple targeted phases. Ultimately the main goal of this fat burner is to burn body fat and boost energy levels while improving and increasing the resting metabolic rate.
How Is Performix SST Intended to Work?
As mentioned Performix SST works by using their “Terra smart release system”, which is an intelligent release system that controls the delivery of all the ingredients in the body.
The Performix SST pill incorporates hundreds of micro balls, which contain the actual ingredients. Each micro ball has a Terra shell that’s made with a certain level of PH resistance. Some balls have a low level of PH resistance and some have a higher level, it all depends on which ingredient formula is in the micro ball and at which point of digestion that formula needs to be released.
The System allows the ingredients to release at four different points of digestion.
- Terra Phase 1 (0-2 hours) – After swallowing the Performix SST pill, the capsule will dissolve and release its micro balls. Depending on which micro balls begin to dissolve, a certain reaction in the body will occur. The thermogenic process will start and the stimulants will increase energy levels, allowing the user to burn more calories as their energy and core body temperature slowly increases.
- Terra Phase 2 (2-4 hours) – During this phase, SST compounds reach further into the digestive tract, more micro balls begin to dissolve, and more ingredients are released. The new ingredients will support the rising of the internal body temperature, which might cause some users to experience cold sweats and discomfort.
- Terra Phase 3 (4-6 hours) – At this point, micro balls will still continue to release new key ingredients which are going to maintain the thermogenic effect. Slowly the body will reach its peak core temperature, allowing the user to stay in the fat burning mode throughout the day.
- Terra Phase 4 (6-8 hours) – In this phase, the remaining micro balls are released, with the sole purpose of recovering the user from the strenuous fat burning process. This last set of ingredients include vitamins that should promote mental focus and energy, leaving the user energized and refreshed.
Performix SST Ingredients
Beside Vitamin B12 and Niacin which are the only ingredients with actual dosing information, the rest of Performix SST is just one big proprietary blend.
Supplement companies use proprietary blends to mix different ingredients together, providing no clear indication about the quantities for each individual component. FDA requires manufacturers to only list each individual ingredient in the blend and not the exact amount of each one. With this sneaky tactic, manufacturers are able to underdose their products, putting the consumer at a high risk of inefficiency and adverse effects.
Ingredients found in Perform SST:
- Niacin (10mg) – Is an organic compound also known as Vitamin B3. Niacin has a wide range of health benefits (1). The main role of Niacin in Performix SST is to synthesize NAD and NADP (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide). These enzymes play a crucial role in the breakdown of fatty acids, carbohydrates, and other nutrients. By increasing Niacin concentrations, more enzymes will be available for digestion, therefore raising our resting metabolic rate (2).
- Vitamin B12 (1000mcg) – Our body does not naturally produce Vitamin B12, and most people don’t get enough of it. However, the recommended daily amount of Vitamin B12 is only 2.4mcg. Performix SST provides an absolutely ridiculous dose of 1000mcg which could lead to restenosis (narrowing of blood vessels), high blood pressure, acne, and itchy or burning skin (3).
Performix Super Suspension Thermo Complex (1,172mg):
- Caffeine Anhydrous – Among the most common stimulants, Caffeine triggers the release of dopamine, adrenaline and other important hormones, which in turn aid with focus and mental alertness (4). However, high doses of Caffeine can stimulate adverse effects, such as insomnia, jitters, nausea, diarrhea, mood swings, headaches, migraines, and more (5).
- Ashwagandha Extract – Is known to inhibit stress production by suppressing cortisol (stress hormone). Ashwagandha Extract is also used to raise testosterone levels, which could promote muscle gains and decrease fat stores. Although, it is speculated that Ashwagandha has numerous side effects (6).
- Bitter Orange Extract/Synephrine – Bitter Orange Extract actually contains Synephrine along with a number of other alkaloids, which might increase weight loss. Synephrine itself is usually used in many weight loss products and has been shown to actually help with fat burning. However, Synephrine is also linked to numerous side effects and certain countries have even banned this compound (7).
- Huperzine A – Is a natural cognition booster that inhibits enzyme degradation and promotes focus and alertness. Huperzine A can be potentially dangerous if not cycled (8).
- Yohimbine HCL – Also known as Yohimbe, an extremely powerful fat burning ingredient. It is also a general stimulant and aphrodisiac which can treat and prevent erectile dysfunction. Unfortunately, Yohimbine has a range of possible adverse effects and is absolutely not recommended for older individuals (9).
- Mucuna Pruriens Extract – Is a type of bean that has been traditionally used to treat nervous disorders and restlessness. It is also said to improve brain function (10).
- Black Pepper – A bioavailable enhancer which inhibits enzyme metabolism and makes all compounds found Performix SST absorbable (11).
The main issue with Performix SST is certainly the proprietary blend. The customer is not provided with exact ingredient quantities, so it’s virtually impossible to determine the true effectiveness of the supplement.
Ingredients like Vitamin B12 and Niacin can be replaced with whole foods. There’s a lack of studies on Huperzine A, and ingredients like Synephrine and Yohimbine can be potentially dangerous. Not to mention the possible complications concerning caffeine combined with other stimulants.
Editor's Tip: After reading the conclusion about Performix SST, please check out PhentaSlim to see why it is our #1 recommendation.
Performix SST might have the appearance of an extraordinary weight loss supplement, however, the truth is far different. From everything we have shown in this review, we can only say it’s quite clear that Performix SST is a supplement of rather questionable quality. It features most likely underdosed ingredients that lead to serious potential side effects. In the end, this product fails to deliver the promised benefits, leaving lots of disappointed customers that are spreading the word.
Here is a simple conclusion, if you’re looking for a worthy fat burning product, look elsewhere since Performix SST is most likely not the solution.
- Villines TC, Kim AS, Gore RS, Taylor AJ. “Niacin: the evidence, clinical use, and future directions.” Curr Atheroscler Rep. (2012 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037771
- Talmeez Zeb Shah, Abdul Basit Ali, Saghir Ahmad Jafri, and M.H. Qazi. “Effect of Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3 or Niacin) on the lipid profile of diabetic and non – diabetic rats.” Pak J Med Sci. (2013 Sep-Oct). Viewed at:
- Fiona O’Leary and Samir Samman. “Vitamin B12 in Health and Disease.” Nutrients. (2010 Mar). Viewed at:
- Nawrot P, Jordan S, Eastwood J, Rotstein J, Hugenholtz A, Feeley M. “Effects of caffeine on human health.” Food Addit Contam. (2003 Jan). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12519715
- Jennifer L. Temple, Christophe Bernard, Steven E. Lipshultz, Jason D. Czachor, Joslyn A. Westphal, and Miriam A. Mestre. “The Safety of Ingested Caffeine: A Comprehensive Review.” Front Psychiatry. (2017). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5445139/
- Narendra Singh, Mohit Bhalla, Prashanti de Jager, and Marilena Gilca. “An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda.” Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. (2011). Viewed at:
- Ratamess NA, Bush JA, Kang J, Kraemer WJ, Stohs SJ, Nocera VG, Leise MD, Diamond KB, Faigenbaum AD. “The effects of supplementation with P-Synephrine alone and in combination with caffeine on resistance exercise performance.” J Int Soc Sports Nutr. (2015 Sep 17). Viewed at:
- Sun QQ, Xu SS, Pan JL, Guo HM, Cao WQ. “Huperzine-A capsules enhance memory and learning performance in 34 pairs of matched adolescent students.” Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao. (1999 Jul). Viewed at:
- Ostojic SM. “Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players.” Res Sports Med. (2006 Oct-Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214405
- Lampariello LR, Cortelazzo A, Guerranti R, Sticozzi C, Valacchi G. “The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens.” J Tradit Complement Med. (2012 Oct). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24716148
- Srinivasan K. “Black pepper and its pungent principle-piperine: a review of diverse physiological effects.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. (2007). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17987447
John has been a fitness enthusiast for over 10 years, starting out while struggling with obesity as a teenager. Over the years he has advised numerous clients on how to transform their physiques and their lives. As a writer on Nutrition Inspector he aims to help others achieve real results by staying clear of the common hype and false claims in the supplement industry!