When it comes to losing weight, both men and women find it hard to stay energized, focused, and motivated to push themselves through a tough workout regime that is extremely exhausting, especially when they aren’t experiencing the expected benefits. As a result, weight loss has become tougher to combat as a whole, so a good solution is to simply opt for a dietary supplement.
With the right product, dieters may be able to burn fat and develop a toned and muscular body in a more effective manner. That being said, this review will focus on a highly popular fat burner called OxyElite Pro, which could help you achieve the goals you strive for.
OxyElite Pro is a thermogenic supplement that contains powerful active ingredients, which have been supposedly formulated by a pharmacist. The formula itself contains strong stimulants that are meant to boost metabolism, suppress appetite, enhance thyroid function, reduce blood sugar, improve cholesterol, and increase energy. All of these benefits will supposedly be accomplished with no adverse effects.
OxyElite Pro is a very popular diet pill that has been providing positive outcomes for many customers. But is it really worth your time and money? Simply continue reading and find out everything you need to know in this unbiased review.
How Does OxyElite Pro Work?
Just like most fat burners, OxyElite Pro also has a working process that consists of a few different methods. First of all, OxyElite Pro boosts the resting metabolic rate through the thermogenic process. This process raises the core body temperature and encourages more calorie burning. Having a fast resting metabolic rate is essential since it greatly determines our overall weight loss success.
In addition to increasing metabolism, OxyElite Pro also curbs the appetite. Overeating can cause a multitude of issues and obesity is one of them. Curbing your appetite will keep you right on the needed weight loss track.
And lastly, since OxyElite Pro does contain stimulants, this diet pill will enhance energy levels. With better energy, you could increase strength and endurance, which will ultimately lead to the burning of more calories.
OxyElite Pro Ingredients
A lot of the ingredients included in the OxyElite Pro formula are widely believed to aid with weight loss and fat burning. However, the ingredients come in the form of a proprietary blend, which means that full ingredient quantities are not revealed. This raises the risk for underdosing, side effects, and inefficiency as we don’t know the exact amount of each component.
Be that as it may, here are the ingredients found in OxyElite Pro:
- Bauhinia Purpurea – Represents a flowering plant found in Asia and some parts of Hawaii. This plant was used in traditional medicine and it is believed to have incredible health benefits such as regulation of thyroid hormones, potent anti-inflammatory properties, and metabolism boosting effects (1). Some studies done on Bauhinia Purpurea have found positive results, however, more research has to be concluded (2).
- Bacopa Monnieri – Is a perennial herb found in North and South America, India, Asia, and Europe. This herb represents a nootropic ingredient that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for its cognition enhancement and longevity abilities (3). It is also stated that Bacopa Monnieri improves observation, alertness, memory, and anxiety. This herb may also provide a boost to the respiratory system as it relaxes blood vessels around the lungs and airway passages. However, studies found that doses of only 300mg and more are effective and as we don’t know the exact amount found in OxyElite Pro, we can’t say if the results will be positive (4).
- 1, 3-Dimethylamylamine HCL – Also known as DMAA, a highly controversial compound that is sadly linked to numerous side effects. DMAA has been evaluated by the FDA and they concluded that this stimulant is “not suitable” as it was proven to induce numerous problems (5) (6). Even though DMAA might have some weight loss benefits, its devastating side effects make it simply not worth it. Some of them include rapid heartbeat, increased blood pressure, kidney problems, and an escalated risk for a stroke or heart attack (7).
- Cirsium Oligophyllum Extract – Represents a special species of plant that can be found in Asia, and it is mostly used for food recipes, and as a natural remedy for some ailments. There is some evidence that would suggest that this plant extract helps with weight loss (8). For instance, a 2009 study did conclude that participants who used Cirsium Oligophyllum have seen a spike in metabolism and in overall weight loss. However, these are results concluded by only one study. More research has to be done (9).
- Yohimbe Bark Extract – Is a powerful stimulant that is best recognized for its ability to burn stubborn fat and enhance male fertility and sexual drive. Our fat cells have different receptors, alpha-2 and beta-2, and Yohimbe blocks the alpha-2 receptors, which are mainly responsible for stubborn fat in our problem areas (10). The only problem with this stimulant is its potential side effects, which include high levels of anxiety, increased risk of heart disease, escalated heart rate, and more (11).
- Caffeine – A highly popular stimulant that is found in many fat burning supplements. Caffeine is found to increase metabolism, energy, focus, alertness, and much more. Studies also back up the claimed Caffeine benefits and state mostly positive effects. The slight issue here is that high doses of Caffeine could induce potential problems (12).
The OxyElite Pro ingredients formula has a few potentially effective components that might provide weight loss and energy benefits. However, putting the possible benefits aside this formula has two huge problems.
The first one is the missing dosing information. Without the needed dosing information there really is no accurate way for us to determine if this formula works or not. Or in other words, studies might use different doses than the ones found in OxyElite Pro.
The second huge issue with this blend of ingredients is the potential adverse effects. The ingredients added to OxyElite Pro can induce extremely serious and harmful side effects, putting every consumer at a high health risk.
OxyElite Pro Side Effects
Before we look at the potential OxyElite Pro side effects, we need to cover some safety warnings beforehand.
It is highly recommended to consult with a doctor or physician before using this dietary supplement. Breastfeeding and pregnant women should not use OxyElite Pro. Individuals under the age of 18 should also stay away from this product.
Now as far as side effects go, the list is long. Many users reported numerous side effects, here are some of the most common ones:
- Upset stomach
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Liver damage
- Heart issues
In the end, OxyElite Pro did not live up to its claims. With a proprietary blend of very harmful ingredients, safety problems listed by the FDA, and lots of potential side effects, this product offers poor value for its price.
No one should risk his health for short-term weight loss results, and for this reason, we cannot recommend OxyElite Pro. There are far safer and more reliable options available today and you will certainly be better off with them.
- Panda S, Kar A. “Withania somnifera and Bauhinia purpurea in the regulation of circulating thyroid hormone concentrations in female mice.” J Ethnopharmacol. (1999 Nov 1). Viewed at:
- Boonphong S, Puangsombat P, Baramee A, Mahidol C, Ruchirawat S, Kittakoop P. “Bioactive compounds from Bauhinia purpurea possessing antimalarial, antimycobacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and cytotoxic activities.” J Nat Prod. (2007 May). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17480099
- Sebastian Aguiar and Thomas Borowski. “Neuropharmacological Review of the Nootropic Herb Bacopa monnieri.” Rejuvenation Res. (2013 Aug). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746283/
- Navneet Kumar, L. G. Abichandani, Vijay Thawani, K. J. Gharpure, M. U. R. Naidu, and G. Venkat Ramana. “Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2016 Oct 10). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5075615/
- Brian K Schilling, Kelley G Hammond, Richard J Bloomer, Chaela S Presley, and Charles R Yates. “Physiological and pharmacokinetic effects of oral 1, 3-dimethylamylamine administration in men.” BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. (2013). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3852303/
- Thomas D. Gauthier. “Evidence for the Presence of 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (1,3-DMAA) in Geranium Plant Materials.” Anal Chem Insights. (2013). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3682735/
- Cohen PA. “DMAA as a dietary ingredient-reply.” JAMA Intern Med. (2013 Apr 8). Viewed at:
- Mori S, Satou M, Kanazawa S, Yoshizuka N, Hase T, Tokimitsu I, Takema Y, Nishizawa Y, Yada T. “Body fat mass reduction and up-regulation of uncoupling protein by novel lipolysis-promoting plant extract.” Int J Biol Sci. (2009). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19421341
- Cameron G. McCarthy, Tyler M. Farney, Robert E. Canale, Rick J. Alleman, Jr., and Richard J. Bloomer. “A Finished Dietary Supplement Stimulates Lipolysis and Metabolic Rate in Young Men and Women.” Nutr Metab Insights. (2012). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3698474/
- Ostojic SM. “Yohimbine: the effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players.” Res Sports Med. (2006 Oct-Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214405
- Kucio C, Jonderko K, Piskorska D. “Does yohimbine act as a slimming drug?” Isr J Med Sci. (1991 Oct).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1955308
- Nawrot P, Jordan S, Eastwood J, Rotstein J, Hugenholtz A, Feeley M. “Effects of caffeine on human health.” Food Addit Contam. (2003 Jan). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12519715
Amanda is a gym instructor and a diet and nutrition fanatic that has reviewed 100s of supplements for the benefit of consumers. She struggled with obesity 7 years ago and after losing more than 30lbs, dedicates most of her time in helping others achieve similar results and transform their lives.