Weight loss and weight maintenance are two areas that worry a lot of people, especially because of the restrictions involved. Chances are you’re also facing the restrictions and challenges that are attached to dieting and losing weight. But the good news is that we have plenty of weight loss solutions available today, and some of them could actually relieve all your dieting troubles.
This review will focus on a new and popular weight loss kit called Nutrisystem Lean 13. With this program, users are said to lose 13 pounds and 7 inches in just one month. The Nutrisystem kit makes this weight loss journey extremely convenient since it comes with healthy prepackaged meals, snacks, and shakes that you will be consuming during the program. There is also no macro or calorie counting involved, Nutrisystem does all the work for you. Workouts are also not required by the program, although they do suggest some light exercise sessions every once in a while.
To see if this weight loss kit suits your needs simply continue reading and find out everything you need to know about Nutrisystem Lean 13.
How Does Nutrisystem Lean 13 Work?
– Portion Control
Eating big, calorie-dense meals will significantly impact your weight loss progress. However, controlling your portion sizes isn’t an easy task. Luckily, the Lean 13 program offers meals that are not only tasty and healthy but also portioned properly. The Lean 13 meals and snacks are specifically designed to be both filling and delicious. So, you can be assured that Lean 13 will keep you in the needed calorie deficit with ease (1).
– Nutritionally Balanced
When starting a new diet plan it is essential to ensure that it contains all the necessary nutrients that will keep you healthy. Most fad diets only focus on calorie restriction and weight loss, neglecting the crucial nutrients that our bodies require. But, with Lean 13 things are different. This program supplies its users with numerous nutrients that help with health maintenance and immunity. So basically Lean 13 provides not only low-calorie but also nutritious foods too (2).
– Six Meals per Day
Meal frequency is very important when trying to lose weight. A couple of big meals won’t satisfy most dieters, leaving them with the unpleasant feeling of hunger and cravings. However, Lean 13 solves this problem by providing six small meals per day. This way consumers won’t experience any hunger during the course of the Lean 13 program (3).
– Lean Protein and Fiber
Nutrisystem Lean 13 meals are also specifically designed to contain high levels of lean protein and fiber. These two macronutrients are crucial for a successful weight loss journey. Protein is there to prevent any muscle loss during the calorie restriction phase, and fiber will promote satiety, preventing any hunger pangs or cravings (4).
Nutrisystem Lean 13 Meals
The best part about the Lean 13 weight loss kit not needing to worry about meal prepping, calorie counting, or sweet cravings. This program provides a truly wide range of meal options that will satisfy any consumer’s needs. You can choose from full meals or snacks, it all depends on your personal preferences and the Nutrisystem program you choose.
Here are some of the options you can choose from:
- Double Chocolate Muffin
- Peanut Butter Granola Bar
- Granola Cereal
- Cinnamon Muffin
- Honey Wheat Bagel
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato
- White bean Chicken Chili
- Chicken Parmesan
- Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- BBQ Season Chicken
- Black Bean Polenta Enchilada with White Meat Chicken
- Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Roast Beef and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Sausage and Bacon Rigatoni
- Trail Mix Bar
- Double Chocolate Caramel Bar
- Milk Chocolate Pretzels
- White Cheddar Popcorn
- Coconut Almond Bar
Nutrisystem Lean 13 Plans and Pricing
To start losing weight with Nutrisystem, you will first need to pick a program that is going to be combined with the Lean 13 kit. Now, it doesn’t matter which program you choose, you will get the Lean 13 kit regardless.
The following options are available:
1. The Basic Plan
The name says it all, this is the cheapest option available since it only costs $9.96 per day (A 1 month supply price is $278.89) for women and only $11.39 per day (A 1 month supply price is $318.99) for men. The Lean 13 kit will be pre-selected for you, so you are not able to customize the plan to your liking. However, you will receive free shipping and the one-month weight loss plan.
2. The Core Plan
With the Core option, you will receive a four-week plan, the Lean 13 kit, and access to over 100 foods. The Core Plan allows users to choose their favorite pack or to personally select the foods based on their own preferences. The price is $10.68 per day (A 1 month supply price is $298.99) for women and $12.11 per day (A 1 month supply price is $338.99) for men.
3. The Custom Plan
Represents a plan that is personally designed for each individual, with the biggest selection of foods and plan options. Users have unlimited access to different frozen foods and the freedom to combine the foods they love the most. The price is $12.29 per day (A 1 month supply price is $343.99) for women and $13.71 per day (A 1 month supply price is $383.99) for men.
Will You Lose Weight on The Nutrisystem Lean 13 Plan?
The Nutrisystem Lean 13 plan involves eating a lot of prepackaged meals, shakes, snacks, and other foods. Besides this, the main source of weight loss on this plan is calorie restriction. Each participant will have to cut his daily caloric intake by a substantial amount in order to see results (5). Users who incorporate an exercise regime will have to cut their daily caloric intake less since they will be burning more calories through physical activity. So we can confirm that you will lose weight with the Lean 13 plan, however, the results you receive won’t necessarily be long-term. Your long-term results will greatly depend on your ability to incorporate healthy eating habits after the program ends (6).
Nutrisystem Lean 13 Side Effects
Before we look at the potential side effects attached to this program, we need to mention that it’s highly advised to consult a doctor before starting the Lean 13 weight loss program.
Now as far as side effects go, only mild negative implicates have been reported. These include:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Upset stomach
In the end, we can safely say that Nutrisystem Lean 13 is truly an affordable, convenient, and effective weight loss program. The program offers a variety of healthy food options, an effective weight loss strategy, and a relatively low price point. Short-term results are almost assured, however, any long-term success will still greatly depend on the individual and his ability to keep making healthy lifestyle choices. Nutrisystem Lean 13 comes with a full money back guarantee, so there really is no reason why you shouldn’t give it a shot.
- B J Rolls. “What is the role of portion control in weight management?” Int J Obes (Lond) (2014 Jul). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4105579/
- Cara B. Ebbeling, PhD, Janis F. Swain, MS, RD, Henry A. Feldman, PhD, William W. Wong, PhD, David L. Hachey, PhD, Erica Garcia-Lago, BA, and David S. Ludwig, MD, PhD. “Effects of Dietary Composition During Weight Loss Maintenance: A Controlled Feeding Study.” JAMA. (2012 Jun 27). Viewed at:
- Hollie A. Raynor, Matthew R. Goff, Seletha A. Poole, and Guoxun Chen. “Eating Frequency, Food Intake, and Weight: A Systematic Review of Human and Animal Experimental Studies.” Front Nutr. (2015 Dec 18). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4683169/
- Lisa A Te Morenga, Megan T Levers, Sheila M Williams, Rachel C Brown, and Jim Mann. “Comparison of high protein and high fiber weight-loss diets in women with risk factors for the metabolic syndrome: a randomized trial.” Nutr J. (2011). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3105953/
- Strasser B, Spreitzer A, Haber P. “Fat loss depends on energy deficit only, independently of the method for weight loss.” Ann Nutr Metab. (2007). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025815
- Luca Montesi, Marwan El Ghoch, Lucia Brodosi, Simona Calugi, Giulio Marchesini, and Riccardo Dalle Grave. “Long-term weight loss maintenance for obesity: a multidisciplinary approach.” Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. (2016 Feb 26). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4777230/
Emily has spent the last 8 years comparing, reviewing and analyzing ingredients in the supplements industry. She has worked extensively with dieticians, nutritionists and personal trainers to separate fact from fiction and help people achieve their fitness goals. In her free time she works and enjoys the outdoors with her husband and 2 children.