Losing weight is a tricky thing, especially considering the fact that every individual reached their weight in a different way. However, there are numerous methods that consumers use to help them lose the unnecessary weight, diet and exercise being the main ones. Unfortunately, the results are different for every person. And with so many fitness and health trends, consumers want something that is efficient no matter what. Luckily, the creators of Meta Trim claim that their formula is the solution.
Meta Trim is a relatively new weight loss supplement that features an all-natural ingredients formula which is said to produce extraordinary results without the need for diet and exercise. Meta Trim claims to stimulate various fat burning processes inside the body with the help of natural chemicals found in specific fruits inside their formula. All Meta Trim ingredients are carefully inspected and perfectly blended to give the supplement its special functions such as increased fat loss, energy, metabolism, and alertness.
As always the manufacturers make appealing statements about their product. However, can this diet pill really promote weight loss? Is it truly worth your time and money? Read on and check out the full review!
How Does Meta Trim Work?
Meta Trim works on the following principles.
- First of all, Meta Trim is meant to speed up the metabolism making sure that the body is always burning calories. It increases the amount of energy at rest and it also increases the amount of energy the body uses while performing any physical activity.
- Secondly, Meta Trim suppresses appetite. Combining the decrease in calories and the spiked up metabolism, Meta Trim allows the body to stay in the needed calorie deficit which leads to rapid fat burning.
- And lastly, Meta Trim provides the user with more energy so he doesn’t experience any form of fatigue during the day. Fast diet changes can often lead to a lack of motivation, energy, and willpower. This is why the Meta Trim energy stream could come in handy.
Meta Trim Ingredients
Sadly, the first big issue with Meta Trim is the ingredients list, which is just one big proprietary blend. Proprietary blends are usually a shady way for supplement companies to cut their cost by adding underdosed and less effective components.
Be that as it may, here are the ingredients found in Meta Trim:
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract – Is an ultra-popular weight loss ingredient that is found in many supplements today. The active component in the Garcinia Cambogia fruit is Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), a substance that is said to induce weight loss. HCA is believed to promote weight loss by lowering the body’s fat levels, suppressing the appetite and boosting the metabolic rate (1). Now the slight problem here is that previous research had found positive results regarding HCA and weight loss, however, newer studies didn’t have so much success. This puts a big question mark on the effectiveness of the Garcinia Cambogia Extract (2).
- Cha de Bugre – Is derived from a red fruit that is similar to a coffee bean. This fruit is native to Brazil but can be also found in the forests of Argentina and Paraguay (3). Cha de Bugre was generally used as a health tonic to improve heart function, blood circulation, and nerve function. A popular belief is that Cha de Bugre can burn fat, however, this claim is yet to be proven scientifically (4).
- L-Carnitine – Represents an essential amino acid that is claimed to break down fat, transforming it into usable energy. This amino acid is naturally produced by our body in the kidneys and liver so supplementing it is not really necessary (5). L- Carnitine is also found in fish, poultry, red meat, and some types of dairy. As far as research goes, one 2002 study concluded that L- Carnitine supplementation did not have a positive effect on weight loss or body composition in the tested participants. So there really isn’t enough evidence to back up the previous claims (6).
- Grapefruit Pectin – This well-known fruit is an excellent source of vitamin C and A. Grapefruits are proven to have a positive impact on blood sugars and insulin levels, which could improve weight loss. Multiple studies actually found great results around the consumption of grapefruit and body composition over the course of 6 weeks (7).
- Gingko Biloba – Derived from the Gingko Biloba Leaf, this extract serves as an excellent memory aid that may also improve circulation and male fertility (8).
- Magnesium – Is an essential trace mineral that plays an important role in many biological functions. Magnesium supplementation can improve overall health and well-being, but it certainly won’t affect weight loss and fat burning (9).
- Chromium Picolinate – Another trace mineral that is believed to help with proper muscle development, may also boost metabolism. No real proof has been concluded that would confirm these statements though. However, research has found that higher doses of Chromium can lead to serious side effects. These include kidney problems, liver issues, blood cell problems, and possible insulin imbalances (10).
- Cayenne Pepper – Also known as the red hot chili pepper, is a strong thermogenic ingredient. Cayenne Pepper triggers the thermogenic process in the body which raises the core temperature and ultimately leads to an increase in calorie consumption. Thermogenesis also boosts metabolism and provides more energy (11).
- Green Tea Extract – A popular ingredient that holds many health and weight loss benefits. Green Tea includes various antioxidants which improve, metabolism, brain health, and liver function. Green Tea also contains a high dose of caffeine which can enhance energy expenditure and alertness (12).
Even though some of the ingredients found in Meta Trim have potential fat burning benefits, there is simply not enough evidence or information that would prove all of the claimed benefits from the start. This definitely doesn’t come as a surprise since we don’t have the crucial dosing information for each of the ingredients. This basically means that we cannot make accurate predictions about the efficiency of the whole formula. Another big issue is the possible side effects that Chromium could induce. These negative effects can be very serious and even long-term and nobody wants to risk their health for faster weight loss results.
Meta Trim Pricing
If you really want to, you can purchase Meta Trim directly from their official website, as well as through various online retailers like Amazon and eBay. The cost of Meta Trim is around $38.99 (30 servings), not including shipping. Every customer will also receive a 100% money back guarantee.
In the end, we can only conclude that Meta Trim does not live up to its claims. With the proprietary blend, possible side effects, and lots of negative reviews floating around, this supplement is a poor value for its price. There are much safer and more reliable options available on the market and you will be certainly better off with them.
- Semwal RB, Semwal DK, Vermaak I, Viljoen A. “A comprehensive scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia.” Fitoterapia. (2015 Apr). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25732350
- Li Oon Chuah, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, and Swee Keong Yeap “Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2013 Aug 6). Viewed at:
- Hyungseop Kim, MD, Woo-Baek Chung, MD, Kyoung Im Cho, MD, Bong-Joon Kim, MD, Jeong-Sook Seo, MD, Seong-Mi Park, MD, Hak Jin Kim, MD, Ju-Hee Lee, MD, Eun Kyoung Kim, MD, and Ho-Joong Youn, MD. “Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Cardiovascular Toxicity Related to Anti-Cancer Treatment in Clinical Practice: An Opinion Paper from the Working Group on Cardio-Oncology of the Korean Society of Echocardiography.” J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. (2018 Mar). Viewed at:
- James Oluwagbamigbe Fajemiroye, José Luís Rodrigues Martins, Paulo César Ghedini, Pablinny Morreira Galdino, Joelma Abadia Marciano de Paula, José Realino de Paula, Fabio Fagundes Da Rocha, and Elson Alves Costa. “Antidepressive-Like Property of Dichloromethane Fraction of Pimenta pseudocaryophyllus and Relevance of Monoamine Metabolic Enzymes.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2013). Viewed at:
- Pekala J, Patkowska-Sokoła B, Bodkowski R, Jamroz D, Nowakowski P, Lochyński S, Librowski T. “L-carnitine–metabolic functions and meaning in humans life.” Curr Drug Metab. (2011 Sep). Viewed at:
- Swati Jain and Som Nath Singh. “Effect of l-carnitine Supplementation on Nutritional Status and Physical Performance Under Calorie Restriction.” Indian J Clin Biochem. (2015 Apr). Viewed at:
- Dow CA, Going SB, Chow HH, Patil BS, Thomson CA. “The effects of daily consumption of grapefruit on body weight, lipids, and blood pressure in healthy, overweight adults.” Metabolism. (2012 Jul). Viewed at:
- Natascia Brondino, Annalisa De Silvestri, Simona Re, Niccolò Lanati, Pia Thiemann, Anna Verna, Enzo Emanuele, and Pierluigi Politi. “A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Ginkgo biloba in Neuropsychiatric Disorders: From Ancient Tradition to Modern-Day Medicine.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2013).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3679686/
- Neil Bernard Boyle, Clare Lawton, and Louise Dye. “The Effects of Magnesium Supplementation on Subjective Anxiety and Stress—A Systematic Review.” Nutrients. (2017 May). Viewed at:
- Broadhurst CL, Domenico P. “Clinical studies on chromium picolinate supplementation in diabetes mellitus–a review.” Diabetes Technol Ther. (2006 Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17109600
- Mark F McCarty, James J DiNicolantonio, and James H O'Keefe. “Capsaicin may have important potential for promoting vascular and metabolic health.” Open Heart. (2015). Viewed at:
- Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. “Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review.” Chin Med. (2010). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
John has been a fitness enthusiast for over 10 years, starting out while struggling with obesity as a teenager. Over the years he has advised numerous clients on how to transform their physiques and their lives. As a writer on Nutrition Inspector he aims to help others achieve real results by staying clear of the common hype and false claims in the supplement industry!