Green Tea HP is a dietary supplement that claims to possess powerful cleansing properties which can remove toxins and free radicals from the body, which in turn would help users feel fresh and energized, boosting their metabolism and helping them lose weight. This supplement comes in a drinkable form and claims to be one of the purest cleansers on the market. There are quite a few other claims made about this product, such as it lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cancer.
Green Tea HP Readers: Click Here to find out why our Editors recommend Phentaslim!
Best Fat Loss & Weight Loss Products For 2018
|#2||One XS||#3||Hydroxycut 3|
Claims such as these always sound appealing but very often they're not entirely true. In this review, we will thoroughly inspect Green Tea HP, review all the information available, summarize everything, and give you the final verdict. Read on!
How is Green Tea HP Intended to Work?
Green Tea HP is a powerful antioxidant that improves the metabolism, boosts the body’s immune system, and can even suppress appetite.
A slow metabolism induces a lot of fat accumulation, which can result in serious weight gain. Boosting the metabolism can increase calorie expenditure, which then turns the stored fat into usable energy that will result in weight loss (1).
Green Tea HP also promotes weight loss by tricking your stomach into thinking it’s full. This will result in fewer cravings and overall hunger. With appetite suppression, you are less likely to eat as often, and even when you do eat, you are more likely to consume fewer calories than usual.
Green Tea HP also contains a formula that's rich in epigallocatechin gallate, which is responsible for the body’s prolonged well-being, cleansing the system of toxins and damaging free radicals (2).
Green Tea HP Ingredients
A lot of the ingredients included in this supplement are widely believed to aid in weight loss and overall health. However, the ingredients come in the form of a proprietary blend, which means that full ingredient quantities are not revealed. This raises the risk of underdosing and side effects as we don’t know the exact amount of each component.
Be that as it may, here are the ingredients found in Green Tea HP:
- Green Tea Extract – A very common ingredient in weight loss supplements. Green Tea has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat a wide range of health conditions (3). It contains a high antioxidant capacity and is believed to be able to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. In terms of weight loss, a particular extract of Green Tea called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) can help with the fat burning process. EGCG can boost the metabolism through the process of thermogenesis and is also said to suppress appetite due to its high caffeine content (4).
- Acai Fruit – Is believed to help promote fat burning due to its antioxidant properties (5). Because it is such a strong antioxidant, Acai is able to reduce toxins throughout the body. Some studies even suggest that Acai can influence the fat burning process as it cleanses the body and allows existing stores of fat to be broken down in a more effective manner (6).
- Noni Juice – Another powerful antioxidant ingredient that is proven to alleviate pain, fight tumors, combat inflammation, boost immunity, and help reduce cholesterol. Noni Juice can also enhance your workouts since it improves physical strength and endurance (7).
- Pomegranate Juice – A herbal extract that is rich in ellagitannin. Pomegranate Juice can promote faster muscle recovery, while also reducing muscle soreness and improving strength (8). Studies have also indicated that Pomegranate Juice has crucial anti-inflammatory properties (9).
- Resveratrol – Is another antioxidant found in various fruits. It supposedly has many health benefits, including anti-aging and anti-cancer effects and improvement of cognition and mental health, however, it is only proven to improve cardiovascular health. Resveratrol has no correlation with weight loss (10).
- Trace Minerals – Are essential minerals found in various food sources. They help the body perform all its regular functions. Studies have actually shown that the benefits of trace minerals play an increasingly important role in our health, including our bone and joint health (11) (12).
- L-Theanine – This non-essential amino acid can alleviate anxiety and stress, promoting relaxation (13). Clinical studies have found its efficacy to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and improve the symptoms and effects of schizophrenia in some participants. L-Theanine also increases the concentrations of GABA in the brain. GABA receptors are directly linked to anxiety and depression. However, no clear conclusion has been made yet (14).
Other ingredients include: Polyphenols, Pepper Extract, Caffeine, Tannin Theophylline, Citric Acid, Xylitol, Mannitol, Bromine, Wax, Saponins, Essential Oils, Carotene, Vitamin C, A, B1, B12, P, and K, Fluoride, Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Strontium, Copper, Nickel, Zinc, Phosphorus, and Molybdenum.
Green Tea HP provides a range of natural and organic ingredients, however, the manufacturers of this supplement decided not to provide the exact dosage for each ingredient found in the formula. This makes analyzing any scientific research on any level virtually impossible. Simply put, studies might use different dosages than the ones found in Green Tea HP. For that reason, even if proven scientifically effective, Green Tea HP still doesn’t provide solid proof for its case. Not to mention the possible side effects which could occur from overdosing on caffeine-based stimulants.
Editor's Tip: Readers who bought Green Tea HP also bought Phentaslim
Best Fat Loss & Weight Loss Products For 2018
|#2||One XS||#3||Hydroxycut 3|
Green Tea HP does come with some promising ingredients that may aid in weight loss and general health, including Green Tea, Caffeine, Acai, etc. There is some evidence which would support these ingredients, so you might stand a chance of actually losing weight and feeling better thanks to this product.
However, it's very likely won’t happen since the full ingredient quantities are not revealed and not all of the ingredients have been known to have a positive effect. The official Green Tea HP website makes various statements about the numerous health benefits this product has, even though there is not enough clinical evidence or user reviews to support all of these claims.
- Eric T Trexler, Abbie E Smith-Ryan, and Layne E Norton. “Metabolic adaptation to weight loss: implications for the athlete.” J Int Soc Sports Nutr. (2014). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3943438/
- Shixian Q, VanCrey B, Shi J, Kakuda Y, Jiang Y. “Green tea extract thermogenesis-induced weight loss by epigallocatechin gallate inhibition of catechol-O-methyltransferase.” J Med Food. (2006 Winter). Viewed at:
- Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. “Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review.” Chin Med. (2010 Apr 6). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Ateke Mousavi, Mohammadreza Vafa, Tirang Neyestani, Mohammadebrahim Khamseh, and Fatemeh Hoseini. “The effects of green tea consumption on metabolic and anthropometric indices in patients with Type 2 diabetes.” J Res Med Sci. (2013 Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3908530/
- E Sadowska-Krępa, B Kłapcińska, T Podgórski, B Szade, K Tyl, and a Hadzik. “Effects of supplementation with acai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) berry-based juice blend on the blood antioxidant defence capacity and lipid profile in junior hurdlers. A pilot study.” Biol Sport. (2015 Jun). Viewed at:
- Jay K Udani, Betsy B Singh, Vijay J Singh, and Marilyn L Barrett. “Effects of Açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) berry preparation on metabolic parameters in a healthy overweight population: A pilot study.” Nutr J. (2011 May 12). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118329/
- West BJ, White LD, Jensen CJ, Palu AK. “A double-blind clinical safety study of noni fruit juice.” Pac Health Dialog. (2009 Nov). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20443518
- Achraf Ammar, Mouna Turki, Hamdi Chtourou, Omar Hammouda, Khaled Trabelsi, Choumous Kallel, Osama Abdelkarim, Anita Hoekelmann, Mohamed Bouaziz, Fatma Ayadi, Tarak Driss, and Nizar Souissi. “Pomegranate Supplementation Accelerates Recovery of Muscle Damage and Soreness and Inflammatory Markers after a Weightlifting Training Session.” PLoS One. (2016). Viewed at:
- Trombold JR, Reinfeld AS, Casler JR, Coyle EF. “The effect of pomegranate juice supplementation on strength and soreness after eccentric exercise.” J Strength Cond Res. (2011 Jul). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659887
- Adi Y. Berman, Rachel A. Motechin, Maia Y. Wiesenfeld, and Marina K. Holz. “The therapeutic potential of resveratrol: a review of clinical trials.” NPJ Precis Oncol. (2017 Sep 25). Viewed at:
- Mohammadifard N, Humphries KH, Gotay C, Mena-Sánchez G, Salas-Salvadó J, Esmaillzadeh A, Ignaszewski A, Sarrafzadegan N. “Trace minerals intake: Risks and benefits for cardiovascular health.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. (2017 Dec 13). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29236516
- Preeti Tomar Bhattacharya, Satya Ranjan Misra, and Mohsina Hussain. “Nutritional Aspects of Essential Trace Elements in Oral Health and Disease: An Extensive Review.” Scientifica (Cairo) (2016). Viewed at:
- Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. “L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state.” Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. (2008). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18296328
- Dodd FL, Kennedy DO, Riby LM, Haskell-Ramsay CF. “A double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the effects of caffeine and L-theanine both alone and in combination on cerebral blood flow, cognition and mood.” Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25761837
Emily has spent the last 8 years comparing, reviewing and analyzing ingredients in the supplements industry. She has worked extensively with dieticians, nutritionists and personal trainers to separate fact from fiction and help people achieve their fitness goals. In her free time she works and enjoys the outdoors with her husband and 2 children.