Finding the needed drive, stamina, and energy to push yourself through a tough workout routine can be extremely challenging, especially if you’re dieting and have a strict calorie deficit. As a result, getting lean has become tougher. To combat this issue, it may be best to add a supplement to your routine.
With the right product, you will also be able to slim down in a much easier manner, finally achieving the look you have always dreamed of. That being said, this review would like to introduce a popular product that comes to us from the well-known GNC Company, and it is called Total Lean Metabolic Elite.
This dietary supplement contains a powerful thermogenic formula that was designed to supercharge your metabolism, allowing you to supposedly burn six times more calories than before. Because of its potent ingredients, Total Lean Metabolic Elite is also said to boost energy and mental focus giving you the needed edge to keep going strong through your day. The final results users should experience is an overall reduction in body fat, enhanced energy levels, and mental clarity.
All of this sounds very appealing, but let’s move all these claims aside. Can Total Lean Metabolic Elite really make your weight loss journey easy? Will it boost your energy? Read on and see the complete review!
How Does Total Lean Metabolic Elite Work?
Total Lean Metabolic Elite works by utilizing two different techniques we already mentioned. Boosting your metabolism and increasing the amount of energy you have. What differentiates diet pills from one another is how effective they are at accomplishing these things.
An increased metabolic rate is one of the main drivers of weight loss as it determines the amount of calories burned at rest. If you increase the amount of calories burned at rest, while performing any physical activity, you can definitely expect a huge increase in fat burning.
And since dieting and exercising are incredibly exhausting, you will certainly face fatigue and a lack of motivation from time to time. Luckily, Total Lean Metabolic Elite is said to provide a steady stream of energy and focus to every user. This should allow you to have longer workout sessions that will burn even more weight.
Total Lean Metabolic Elite Ingredients
Ingredients are very important no matter what kind of supplement you’re buying. Fortunately, GNC did a great job with the ingredients label. They provided a full list of components that are found in their formula, with precise dosing information for each one. And with proper dosing information, this supplement minimizes the chance of underdosing and side effects.
Here are the ingredients found in the formula:
- Niacin (20 mg) – Is an essential B vitamin that boosts good cholesterol and lowers triglycerides, as well as other heart risks. This vitamin is also found to be helpful in reducing atherosclerosis as it strengthens the skeletal system. Niacin could also improve your cognition since studies prove that it has positive effects on focus and alertness (1).
6x Clinical Burn Blend:
- Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract (500 mg) – Better known as the Velvet Bean, a popular cure for Parkinson’s disease and some forms of snakebites. Velvet Beans contain a substance called L-DOPA which stimulates testosterone and growth hormone production (2). With increased testosterone and HGH levels users can build more muscle mass and lose fat at the same time. Velvet Beans also reduce cortisol (stress hormone) production, which again aids with weight loss (3).
- Ginger Root Extract (500 mg) – Is a natural herb that is used as a spice and as a remedy. The Ginger Root is very rich in essential oils and antioxidants, which aid with digestion and detoxification. This herb also offers numerous health benefits that will improve overall well-being and health. However, Ginger won’t really have an effect on your weight loss goals (4) (5).
- Boswellia Serrata Gum Extract (255 mg) – There really isn’t too much information available on this extract. It was only used in the Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment for arthritis and inflammation. This extract has no weight loss benefits (6).
- Caffeine Anhydrous (200 mg) – Is a highly researched ingredient that reportedly promotes metabolism, focus, energy, and much more (7). GNC provided a sensible dose of 200 mg (a little bit less than one cup of coffee), so you won’t experience any side effects like jitters and anxiety. However, a problem could occur if we mix Caffeine and other stimulants. Combined they can create serious adverse effects that no one wants (8).
- Capsimax Capsicum Seed Extract (100 mg) – Represents a red hot chili pepper extract that is noted to have great thermogenic properties. Capsimax raises the body’s temperature, speeding up the metabolism and burning more fat. Studies also prove that Capsimax Capsicum indeed can raise overall body temperature, and by regulating one’s body temperature, more calories will be burned (9).
- Cinnamon Bark Extract (100 mg) – Regulates blood sugar levels and speeds up metabolism. Cinnamon is also an amazing fat burner and it lowers bad cholesterol (10).
- Piper Longum Fruit Extract (2 mg) – This extract is derived from black pepper and has some potential health benefits. This ingredient can increase the absorption of other nutrients found in this formula and studies also show that it doesn’t have any side effects (11).
Botanical Rush Blend:
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (200 mg) – Another stimulant ingredient that does have weight loss benefits. Green Coffee Bean has an antioxidant property that improves cognition and overall health too. However, although its caffeine content can boost energy, it can also promote side effects when combined with other stimulant ingredients. These include insomnia, nervousness, stomach irritation, nausea, and increased heart rate (12).
- Rocket Plant Leaf Extract (100 mg) – Is a high antioxidant plant that improves overall health. It’s also helpful in treating heart diseases and inflammation, and it even reduces oxidative stress which is crucial for weight loss (13).
- Reishi Mushroom Powder (90 mg) – Also called the Russian mushroom of immortality, a rare species of mushroom that has undergone extensive scientific testing. It was found that Reishi Mushroom can treat certain food allergies, cognitive dysfunction, and IBS.
- Cordyceps Sinensis Extract (10 mg) – Another type of mushroom that has aphrodisiac effects. There is limited information available on this species.
GNC Total Lean Metabolic Elite definitely has some potentially solid ingredients. However, the big issue with this formula is the possibly dangerous stimulants in it. Mixing numerous stimulants like Caffeine Anhydrous and Green Coffee Bean can easily lead to serious adverse effects that can be a detriment to our health.
Also, there is no information available that would prove the effectiveness of all these ingredients mixed together. GNC also didn't cite any tests they concluded on this formula if there even were any.
Total Lean Metabolic Elite Pricing
This supplement can be purchased through most popular online retailers like Amazon and eBay, and you could also purchase it through the official GNC website. The price for one bottle is around $19.99 and contains 60 pills, which will last you a month. A 30-day money back guarantee is also offered to every customer.
Overall, a supplement like this one cannot be recommended for the simple reason of the severe lack of important information about its effectiveness and safety. The official GNC website does not mention the possible negative effects of some ingredients, which is a big issue. There are undeniably more reliable and safer dietary options available on the market that are capable of real results, so your best bet is to go with them instead.
- Villines TC, Kim AS, Gore RS, Taylor AJ. “Niacin: the evidence, clinical use, and future directions.” Curr Atheroscler Rep. (2012 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037771
- Lampariello LR, Cortelazzo A, Guerranti R, Sticozzi C, Valacchi G. “The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens.” J Tradit Complement Med. (2012 Oct). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24716148
- Bhat R, Sridhar KR, Seena S. “Nutritional quality evaluation of velvet bean seeds (Mucuna pruriens) exposed to gamma irradiation.” Int J Food Sci Nutr. (2008 Jun). Viewed at:
- Nafiseh Shokri Mashhadi, Reza Ghiasvand, Gholamreza Askari, Mitra Hariri, Leila Darvishi, and Mohammad Reza Mofid. “Anti-Oxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Ginger in Health and Physical Activity: Review of Current Evidence.” Int J Prev Med. (2013 Apr). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3665023/
- Sahdeo Prasad and Amit K. Tyagi. “Ginger and Its Constituents: Role in Prevention and Treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancer.” Gastroenterol Res Pract. (2015 Mar 8). Viewed at:
- Siddiqui MZ. “Boswellia serrata, a potential antiinflammatory agent: an overview.” Indian J Pharm Sci. (2011 May). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22457547
- Nawrot P, Jordan S, Eastwood J, Rotstein J, Hugenholtz A, Feeley M. “Effects of caffeine on human health.” Food Addit Contam. (2003 Jan). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12519715
- Jennifer L. Temple, Christophe Bernard, Steven E. Lipshultz, Jason D. Czachor, Joslyn A. Westphal, and Miriam A. Mestre. “The Safety of Ingested Caffeine: A Comprehensive Review.” Front Psychiatry. (2017 May 26). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5445139/
- Richard J Bloomer, Robert E Canale, Sid Shastri, and Sujata Suvarnapathki. “Effect of oral intake of capsaicinoid beadlets on catecholamine secretion and blood markers of lipolysis in healthy adults: a randomized, placebo controlled, double-blind, cross-over study.” Lipids Health Dis. (2010).Viewed at:
- Pasupuleti Visweswara Rao, and Siew Hua Gan. “Cinnamon: A Multifaceted Medicinal Plant.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2014 Apr 10). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003790/
- A. Kumar, S. Panghal, S. S. Mallapur, M. Kumar, Veerma Ram, and B. K. Singh. “Antiinflammatory Activity of Piper longum Fruit Oil.” Indian J Pharm Sci. (2009 Jul-Aug). Viewed at:
- Choi BK, Park SB, Lee DR, Lee HJ, Jin YY, Yang SH, Suh JW. “Green coffee bean extract improves obesity by decreasing body fat in high-fat diet-induced obese mice.” Asian Pac J Trop Med. (2016 Jul). Viewed at:
- Hetta MH, Owis AI, Haddad PS, Eid HM. “The fatty acid-rich fraction of Eruca sativa (rocket salad) leaf extract exerts antidiabetic effects in cultured skeletal muscle, adipocytes and liver cells.” Pharm Biol. (2017 Dec). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28112007
John has been a fitness enthusiast for over 10 years, starting out while struggling with obesity as a teenager. Over the years he has advised numerous clients on how to transform their physiques and their lives. As a writer on Nutrition Inspector he aims to help others achieve real results by staying clear of the common hype and false claims in the supplement industry!