There are numerous different ways to lose weight and improve your health, but as most of us know, the majority of them are not safe and effective.
If you really want to better your health and weight loss journey, then you should definitely consider a natural formula that is more likely to create long-lasting results without the addition of any side effects. With a quality formula, you can almost count on the product to work well and efficiently.
With that being said, this review would like to introduce you to Weight Loss 4 by Doctors Select, a well-known dietary supplement that is suitable for both men and women. As the name implies, Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 combines four highly popular herbal ingredients that are said to support metabolism function, fat breakdown inside the body, appetite suppression, and overall digestive health. The manufacturers also claim that they created a completely safe formula that will not cause any adverse effects.
So the real question is, can this natural formula live up to its claims? Or is it just another hyped up diet pill? Simply continue reading, and find out!
How Does Weight Loss 4 Work?
Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 works by making sure that your metabolism is working faster than usual, suppressing hunger, and providing the energy stream that is needed for you to carry on the day normally.
Your metabolic rate decides how many calories the body burns at rest and while moving. The more calories you consume the more likely you are to lose weight quickly. Appetite suppression is also important as it limits the number of calories you consume. The fewer calories you eat, the less likely is they will be converted into excess fat. In addition, Weight Loss 4 supports the digestion process, flushing out all harmful and destructive substances you may have built up inside the body.
Weight Loss 4 Ingredients
We absolutely love the fact that Weight Loss 4 has a nicely designed ingredients label, with proper dosing information for each of the components found in the formula. This significantly lowers the risk of underdosing and inefficiency.
Here are the ingredients included in Doctors Select Weight Loss 4:
- Green Tea Leaf and Matcha Tea Extract (262.5 mg) – First of all, Green Tea is an ultra-popular weight loss ingredient. It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat a range of different health ailments (1). It contains a high antioxidant property and is believed to prevent cardiovascular diseases, and even cancer. In terms of weight loss, Green Tea contains a particular extract called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which is proven to aid with the fat burning process. EGCG can boost the metabolic rate through the process of thermogenesis, and can even suppress appetite due to its high caffeine content (2). As far as Matcha Tea goes, this extract also contains antioxidants, including EGCG. Matcha Tea is also very rich in fiber and vitamins, and studies actually prove that it can aid with health and wellness (3) (4).
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract (750 mg) – Another popular ingredient, commonly found in many weight loss supplements. The active substance in Garcinia Cambogia is HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid), which is the main source of weight loss in this extract (5). HCA is believed to target three key areas of weight loss by helping with the fat burning process, suppressing appetite, and boosting the metabolism. Hydroxycitric Acid is also stated to increase the amount of serotonin in the brain, which is the main trigger for good mood in our body (6). However, it is important to mention that studies state that only a minimum of 50% HCA represent a proper Garcinia extract, anything lower isn’t a sufficient amount. With Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 we don’t know the exact amount of HCA added, therefore we cannot conclude the potency of this ingredient (7).
- Glucomannan (200 mg) – Represents a dietary fiber that is usually derived from the konjac plant. It is mostly used as an aid for constipation and other digestion problems (8). Glucomannan can also help control sugar levels by slowly digesting the sugars and cholesterol in the stomach, which can also reduce cholesterol levels. Glucomannan supplementation is generally used for conditions such as overactive thyroid, stomach conditions, weight loss, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Studies do show some promising results, but more research still needs to be concluded (9) (10).
- Probiotic Blend (Inulin and Bacillus Coagulans) (250 mg) – Inulin is a natural starch found in many vegetables, herbs, and fruits including wheat, bananas, onions, asparagus, artichokes, and potatoes. Inulin is extracted from the chicory plant, and when taken orally it can improve the bowel function and it can even reduce some of the stored fats in the body (11). People also use Inulin for treating high levels of blood fats, cholesterol, and constipation. Bacillus Coagulans is a unique strain of good gut bacteria that can improve and maintain proper gut function. This probiotic can also eradicate harmful substances from the digestive tract, promoting overall gut health (12).
Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 provides a potentially solid ingredients formula. All of the Weight Loss 4 ingredients are natural and derived from reliable sources and manufactured in an FDA-registered facility with clearly labeled dosages. Ingredients like Green Tea and the Probiotic Blend have studies backing up their claims, but on the other hand, Garcinia Cambogia and Glucomannan don’t have as much proof. However, the most important thing is that these substances are safe and natural, with a slim chance of side effects.
Weight Loss 4 Pricing
Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 has a pretty affordable price point that is just above $10 for a bottle of 90 tablets at Walmart. Other online retailers also sell this supplement, but for a slightly higher price. Amazon sells Weight Loss 4 for approximately $12, and Walgreens for $17. Weight Loss 4 also comes with a 14-day money back guarantee, so you really don’t have to worry about that.
Since this supplement is available from different retailers across the country, it would be more convenient for the customers to opt for the service that is best for them to order Doctors Select Weight loss 4 from.
Overall, Doctors Select Weight Loss 4 is a product with much potential. The manufacturers are proud to list all their ingredients and do not hide any dosing information behind a proprietary blend which is a big plus. However, it is important to remember that Weight Loss 4 includes some potentially ineffective ingredients like Garcinia Cambogia and Glucomannan, and while they list all their ingredients, there is simply not enough clinical proof that these components work efficiently.
In the end, you could give Weight Loss 4 a try, just keep in mind that there are other undeniably powerful supplement options available right now.
- Sabu M Chacko, Priya T Thambi, Ramadasan Kuttan, and Ikuo Nishigaki. “Beneficial effects of green tea: A literature review.” Chin Med. (2010 Apr 6). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2855614/
- Adrian B. Hodgson, Rebecca K. Randell, and Asker E. Jeukendrup. “The Effect of Green Tea Extract on Fat Oxidation at Rest and during Exercise: Evidence of Efficacy and Proposed Mechanisms.” Adv Nutr. (2013 Mar 6). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3649093/
- Dietz C, Dekker M, Piqueras-Fiszman B. “An intervention study on the effect of matcha tea, in drink and snack bar formats, on mood and cognitive performance.” Food Res Int. (2017 Sep). Viewed at:
- Willems MET, Şahin MA, Cook MD. “Matcha Green Tea Drinks Enhance Fat Oxidation During Brisk Walking in Females.” Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. (2018 Jan 18). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29345213
- Sripradha R, Magadi SG. “Efficacy of garcinia cambogia on body weight, inflammation and glucose tolerance in high fat fed male wistar rats.” J Clin Diagn Res. (2015 Feb). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25859449
- Márquez F, Babio N, Bulló M, Salas-Salvadó J. “Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of hydroxycitric acid or Garcinia cambogia extracts in humans.” Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. (2012). Viewed at:
- Li Oon Chuah, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, and Swee Keong Yeap. “Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA.” Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2013Aug 6). Viewed at:
- Joyce K. Keithley, Barbara Swanson, Susan L. Mikolaitis, Mark DeMeo, Janice M. Zeller, Lou Fogg, and Jehan Adamji. “Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults.” J Obes. (2013 Dec 30). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3892933/
- Bartłomiej Mateusz Zalewski and Hania Szajewska. “Effect of glucomannan supplementation on body weight in overweight and obese children: protocol of a randomised controlled trial.” BMJ Open. (2015 Apr 13). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4401854/
- Kaats GR, Bagchi D, Preuss HG. “Konjac Glucomannan Dietary Supplementation Causes Significant Fat Loss in Compliant Overweight Adults.” J Am Coll Nutr. (2015 Oct). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26492494
- Kaur N, Gupta AK. “Applications of inulin and oligofructose in health and nutrition.” J Biosci. (2002 Dec).
Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12571376
- Mehran Rogha, Mozhdehalsadat Zahiri Esfahani, and Amir Houshang Zargarzadeh. “The efficacy of a synbiotic containing Bacillus Coagulans in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.” Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench. (2014 Summer). Viewed at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4129566/
Emily has spent the last 8 years comparing, reviewing and analyzing ingredients in the supplements industry. She has worked extensively with dieticians, nutritionists and personal trainers to separate fact from fiction and help people achieve their fitness goals. In her free time she works and enjoys the outdoors with her husband and 2 children.